Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I ended up with a vanson suit. Two piece with elbow, shoulder and knee padding. Most guys don't get it but I'm 51 and break easier lol. I also wear a front/rear body armor piece under the suit. Glad I had the chest piece the one time I slammed down from a starting line wheelie and smacked the tank hard. The armor is removable so if I don't like it I can pull it out and just deal with the loose fit.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
So far I'm pretty damn disappointed in Vanson. I ordered it at the MAN Cup in July, had them measure me at the track. It took a month or two longer to come than they promised. It did not come with the padding I ordered and it did not fit. It was way too small. I ordered the custom fit and the pants were 4" from snapping. I sent it back to get resized after being remeasured by one of their reps at a NHDRO race and still have not received my suit. Hopefully all is well when I finally got it but buyer beware.

·
2 wheels,no cage,250mph
6,992 Posts
So far I'm pretty damn disappointed in Vanson. I ordered it at the MAN Cup in July, had them measure me at the track. It took a month or two longer to come than they promised. It did not come with the padding I ordered and it did not fit. It was way too small. I ordered the custom fit and the pants were 4" from snapping. I sent it back to get resized after being remeasured by one of their reps at a NHDRO race and still have not received my suit. Hopefully all is well when I finally got it but buyer beware.
That's disappointing to hear.I sent mine back for modifications that were not something they'd done previously and they were more than accommodating. I had them duplicate the expansion panels in my alpine star tech air jacket to be able to wear the tech air airbag vest inside the leathers. A few hiccups but we got there in the end.I couldn't actually send the vest over as when it was ready for pickup my shipping broker asked if there were and explosive charges in the vest.I'd forgotten about them so had to remove it from the box prior to sending them over.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
That's disappointing to hear.I sent mine back for modifications that were not something they'd done previously and they were more than accommodating. I had them duplicate the expansion panels in my alpine star tech air jacket to be able to wear the tech air airbag vest inside the leathers. A few hiccups but we got there in the end.I couldn't actually send the vest over as when it was ready for pickup my shipping broker asked if there were and explosive charges in the vest.I'd forgotten about them so had to remove it from the box prior to sending them over.
Spellcheck got me with the "custom fit". I meant comfort fit. It should have been loose. I also wear chest and back armor which I wore when they measured me so it was really disappointing that it was nowhere close even without the armor on. Frankly it's so far off I'm not sure how they'll fix it without making a whole new suit but they insist they can fix it.

So how does your airbag work. I assume the jacket big is enough over it that if it went off it would work correctly?

·
2 wheels,no cage,250mph
6,992 Posts
Spellcheck got me with the "custom fit". I meant comfort fit. It should have been loose. I also wear chest and back armor which I wore when they measured me so it was really disappointing that it was nowhere close even without the armor on. Frankly it's so far off I'm not sure how they'll fix it without making a whole new suit but they insist they can fix it.

So how does your airbag work. I assume the jacket big is enough over it that if it went off it would work correctly?
They put all the stretch panels in.I sent my Alpine star jacket in with the vanson jacket so they could duplicate the stretch panels.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts