Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations for who to go to for a custom made driving suit? For top dragster SFI 5?

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Stroud Safety.

For a -5 it is not as critical, but Simpson is bad about not re-certing their stuff.
Impact makes some nice stuff, but they pissed off a bunch of racers when SFI pulled the cert on their -15 and -20 suits a few years ago due to counterfeit tags and did not make it right.

Stroud has been very consistent and taken care of me for years. First one I had made the resized a year or two later at no charge. (It shrank, yea, that's what happened)
There are cheaper fire suits, but is that really where you want to save money?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I believe TD requires a -15 suit. Any maker for that layer suit is not going to be cheap. I would first make sure which rating is needed and then make your decision. They all make good suits, sparco, simpson, stroud. they will all have to be re-certified. I wouldn't want to cheap myself out of a fire suit.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, it is 3.2A/5 for a RED.

·
Embalmer
1,335 Posts
My Pro Fox -15 stuff fits great.. great pricing too..

I had a custom Stroud -20... Way to stiff and couldn't get comfortable in it.

DS

·
Registered
435 Posts
STROUD safety. Customer service is great now that Bob is back. I ordered my suit and it showed in two weeks. All made in the USA as well.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
TD requires -15 suit in both IHRA and NHRA.

I have a sparco i bought through biondo, the suit is ok, but i'll never deal with biondo again. My next suit will probably be a stroud. i have a -5 stroud that i had custom made and it fits perfect

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
TD requires -15 suit in both IHRA and NHRA.

I have a sparco i bought through biondo, the suit is ok, but i'll never deal with biondo again. My next suit will probably be a stroud. i have a -5 stroud that i had custom made and it fits perfect
That's not entirely true. In IHRA top dragster you are only required to wear a -15 suit if you run a front engine supercharged dragsters.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's not entirely true. In IHRA top dragster you are only required to wear a -15 suit if you run a front engine supercharged dragsters.
Correct. I just looked at the rule book to be sure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts