Yellow Bullet Forums banner

121 - 140 of 181 Posts

·
42,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Neat thread Frank!! They don't build stuff like this anymore.
When I was a kid I though this was the coolest car. I think I may have built a model of it.

I hear ya. I made models, and collected Hot Wheels as a kid, and the futuristic, way out types of customs were always a favorite. Now that I work on and build hot rods, I appreciate the work that went into, and still goes into cars like that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
How did they go about making the bubble tops?
We built a table that we clamped the plexiglass to,put it in a powder coat oven. 20 min. Later, pulled it out. I had made a air manifold that pushed air up from the bottom. Blew it up like a balloon.Scary as hell putting the air to it! But it was fun! That's how we made ours.

·
Registered
275 Posts
We built a table that we clamped the plexiglass to,put it in a powder coat oven. 20 min. Later, pulled it out. I had made a air manifold that pushed air up from the bottom. Blew it up like a balloon.Scary as hell putting the air to it! But it was fun! That's how we made ours.
Did you have some type of mold to get the shape?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did you have some type of mold to get the shape?
Not really a mold.We just had a hole cut in the top piece in the shape and size we were looking to get. Really it was just a big sandwich, mfd bottom table with air manifold, plexiglass, mdf top with hole, clamped all together.

·
Moderater
11,647 Posts
Zingers.....I always loved these when I was a kid. I would run to see what new ones they came out with every year at Autorama...Built by Chuck Miller the same guy that did the Red Baron..

121 - 140 of 181 Posts