Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello -

I have a twin turbo C6 corvette with a modified aps kit. The compressor side of the turbocharger has been changed, I literally have no space for inlet pipes. The turbos are located under the car - I used to run no filters and screens, but I can't drive the car if I am caught in the rain so I need to figure out a solution (this isn't my daily driver).

I need clamp on filter. The compressor covers have a 3.25" inlet, and the height of the filter cannot exceed 2" on one side, and 3" on the other. The diameter will be around 6-7"

I need a filter that doesn't have an aluminum or rubber top. The entire filter needs to have the entire surface area as an element to not restrict flow.

Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
we installed one of these kits on zo6 they are a tight fit but they had a inlet pipe that ran up thru
the inner fender and placed the filters in the bumper, Wasn`t your kit equipped like this.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, but that is all thrown out the window with my new compressor covers.

In addition, the Z06 kit is different than the C6 kit - the inlet and charge piping is "reversed"

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Sounds like some custom fabrication is in order on a new pair of inlet pipes.

·
Registered
411 Posts
FastBlackTA- you have any pictures of the space so others can get a better idea of whats needed? Also have you checked K&N's website, the have way more universal filters than you may think?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unless I notch the frame (more like run an inlet pipe through it) there is little that can be done for inlet pipes if I want to keep my power level.

I checked k and n's website and many others.

Is there a company that can make a custom filter out there?

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
X2

·
Registered
270 Posts
Unless I notch the frame (more like run an inlet pipe through it) there is little that can be done for inlet pipes if I want to keep my power level.

I checked k and n's website and many others.

Is there a company that can make a custom filter out there?
Call S&B Air Filters. I had them make me some custom air filters in the past for customers. They can also make the filter with little or no packing so it flows better and doesn't collapse under boost as other filters have.

Here's there website. Call and speak to someone.

http://www.sbfilters.com/Store/Universal-Filters

Rodney

1 - 12 of 12 Posts