Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for the quickest 4150 methanol carb i can get for a NA class engine, no rules except 4150 base, i'm going inbetween mark whitener and IRD open to other options but figured i would see what people suggest.

·
Registered
484 Posts
From my experience with Mark Whitener, I wouldn't recommend anyone else. He's a stand up guy that won't sell you something you don't need, outstanding products and great customer service. I had some issues and he sent me a pair of dominator's to use until my new ones were built, you can't ask for anything more than that and when the new carbs came they were beyond expectations.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats really hard to argue with. and it seems like he does alot of methanol stuff too which makes me want to lean that way.

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Karsten at KB Carbs is top notch as well. Does quite a few bracket guys carbs. Nice guy that will help with any questions.

·
FHRITP
49,933 Posts
Ken Jones makes a nice methanol carb. With all the fuss about how gas makes more power I’m puzzled why you’d wanna run alky in a N/A class

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its a production block budget orientated class, most people are running e85, i've thought about the Q16 route. might be able to be convinced to go that way but i feel methanol is a step up from e and still really reasonable to run.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
418INCH AMC HEADS FLOW 330, 14.2 TO 1 .770 LIFT SOLID ROLLER 274 280 @ .050 108 LOB CENTER INSTALLED AT 106, 4.30 GEAR 28X10.5 PBR, 904 TORQUEFLIGHT BRAKE ATI 6000stall runs upper 9s on E85 sullens carb based on a qft950. 3100ish lbs made some winter changes might be liter sorry about the caps at work and we work in caps lol.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Mark is very sharp he built me a twin blade for my latest heap. Engine is on race gas but he can and will get you dialed in.

Steve

·
Registered
6,599 Posts
I have a 1.63 venturi annular methanol 4150 on the shelf... been on a couple different cars for testing already. All black anodized all billet.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Mark, will a twin blade make more power than a 4 barrel if the 4 barrel can supply the required air?

·
Registered
6,599 Posts
The 1200 twin blade flows almost as much as a 1050 Dominator, and fits on an unmodified open manifold. For yours the 1.630 annular or 1200 would be my suggestion, probably not much if any difference in performance.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The 1200 twin blade flows almost as much as a 1050 Dominator, and fits on an unmodified open manifold. For yours the 1.630 annular or 1200 would be my suggestion, probably not much if any difference in performance.
I'll be giving you a call in the next day or so.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts