Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a ton of chopped onion and tomato left over from our burger cook yesterday, and it was making my fridge smell like, well, left over onion. I was trying to come up with something that would use everything up, and curry came to mind.

I roasted up some cauliflower:

Add grilled chicken thighs:

And the curry sauce, topped with fresh cilantro and jalapeno from our garden:

It was fantastic. And nothing from a bag or a box, just fresh, real food.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Can’t stand Curry. I’ll eat whole fried jalopinoes, anahiem peppers, love hatch. For some reason Curry and Cardomum are so overpowering nothing else can be sensed for hours. Hate the leftover cloeing taste waking up the next morning.

·
Trolling the Trolls
14,525 Posts
I haven't had curry anything, so I cannot comment, willing to taste test though.

I don't wanna make a huge meal like I did a few years ago only to find out 45 minutes after eating it caused me to shit out red kool-aid, damn hungarian goulash was delish!

·
Former RJ instigator
39,874 Posts
I haven't had curry anything, so I cannot comment, willing to taste test though.

I don't wanna make a huge meal like I did a few years ago only to find out 45 minutes after eating it caused me to shit out red kool-aid, damn hungarian goulash was delish!
I will never forget my first experience eating curry, my uncle tricked me into trying some when I was a kid, it was so powerful it literally took my breath away.

Gordon Ramsey eating hot curry.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Curry is a very broad term, and can be many different dishes. India, Thailand, Japan, Vietnam, Jamaica, and a few other countries all have their own version.

I guess I didn't really say what I did. The curry I made was kind of a shotgun recipe I made up on the fly. What I made was not spicy, at all. The jalapeno garnish at the end was the only thing that really added any significant heat.

I started by sauteing my leftover onions and tomato which was probably about 1 white onion, half a red onion, and half a large tomato.

As the mixture cooked down, I added:
garlic (couple cloves, fine chopped)
cilantro stems (tbsp fine chopped)
Almonds (2 tbsp extra-finely chopped)

When the veggies were about done:
S&P
Curry powder (whatever was in the pantry, lots)

Then add half-can of coconut milk, reduce, salt and curry powder to taste, and it's done.

After the sauce was completed, I should have put it in the blender, but I was in a rush.

Pour it over the cauliflower and chicken, garnish with jalapeno and cilantro.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I suppose with the almonds I added, it would be closest to a Panang style curry, which is Thai.

I also added some turmeric in there somewhere too, not sure when. Like I said, shotgun curry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts