Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a set of NOS 6" small journal SBC Cunningham rods with 7/16" bolts but they don't have the instructions with them any more. Does anyone have an idea for a torque spec on these?

Automotive tire Finger Wood Rim Audio equipment

Crankset Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Kitchen utensil

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just picked up a set of NOS 6" small journal SBC Cunningham rods with 7/16" bolts but they don't have the instructions with them any more. Does anyone have an idea for a torque spec on these?

View attachment 300227
View attachment 300226
A1 Technologies H11 7/16 bolt made for CUNNINGHAM....80#'s with 80-90 weight oil or CMD 3 , no moly..... this from Jim @ CUNNINGHAM years ago ...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, I’ve had one guy suggest 90 ft/lbs with 90w oil and 2 suggest 80 ft/lbs with 90 weight oil so far. I’ve got some more clearancing to do on the block before I’m torquing anything but I’m getting closer.
Tambourine Automotive lighting Rim Automotive wheel system Audio equipment

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Most them bolts made for .006-008 stretch.
Shouldn’t there be a divot in the bottom if they are made to be stretched? seems like it would be really hard to get a consistent measurement with the machining on the bottoms of these. There is a tiny nipple from where they were lathe cut or something in the centers.

·
Registered
16,093 Posts
Yes now that i look again at head usually a little divet like you say. Without being able to ask mfg. it really is a guess.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
not really any ”sharp” edges so to speak, they are all broken but not a big fillet by any means. Not sure how much rounding is really necessary though.
.0055”-.006” stretch on the rod bolts, use a stretch gage, the shortest measurement will be correct.

1/4” radius on those domes

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
Just break the edges with 2" medium surface conditioning Rolocs and break the edge around the intake relief. More like 1/16"-1/8" radius and finish the rest of the dome to same finish.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts