Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 266 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this truck as a work/play truck in early 2015. I put a tune in it before I left the dealership parking lot, and the build gained traction once my work season came to an end. If I had any idea of what the future held, I wouldnt have bought such a clean and complete truck to start with.

A buddy of mine built a fuel cell that fit nicely under the bed. This was when the intended use was a daily driver that would still retain use of the bed.

I gutted the interior to make way for the cage.

With help from my friends at Brown's diesel, we pulled the engine and transmission.

I called up Cory and Cole Dow at Dow Brothers Race Cars and we came up with a plan for the cage and chassis. 25.5a, no visible bars outside the cab, and built as light as possible. When the scheduled start date arrived, I loaded the truck and headed up to Dow brothers with the stripped truck.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
interesting build...in for updates

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Chromoly front link bars

Close up of the PPP shifter.

Window net installed. Since I was a little kid I always thought it was cool to see the old gm seat belt buckles used for things other than seat belts.

Spent a little time trying to lighten up the rear by removing brackets and replacing crossmembers, but ultimately it was still too heavy.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Nice

1 - 20 of 266 Posts