Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I did a search on here and the turbo forums and couldn't find any conclusive answers about the positioning of the carb hat.

What would be the best position for the opening of the CSU carb hat? There is NO divider in the hat.

So far the way the turbo is set up in the engine bay there will only be about 6" from compressor outlet to carb hat.

Thanks

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
For ease of tuning 6 or 12.
If it is a standard hat you will need a spacer to clear the float screw.

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
? ive got 2 csu hats both clocked at 12 straight over the back bowl, no issue clearing anything , bowl screw is cleared pretty easy.
My CSU does not need the spacer. The standard EV has more more droop and needs the spacer for straight up or down.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My main concern is that I've heard of fuel distribution issues.

Do these possible tuning issues arise right away at lower boost levels or are they more prevalent at higher boost levels (max effort)?

The combo I'm trying to put together us meant to be a mild build not all out race car......yet. LOL

I'm looking at around the 7 or 8 o'clock position and basically wondering if anyone thinks there will be an issue setting it up this way?
The CSU hat clears everything no prob.

·
Registered
330 Posts
With the CSU hat there are no issuses. Just clock it where it work best for you. Then fit the pipe and blow off and good to go. Dude I have all the shit you do been there done that only with a Vortech Ysi. Ignintion dig6 with a BTM thats the cheepest way to go.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm doing my homework here, trying to get real world feedback.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
6 or 12 are the best options, but others will work.

I would make a suggestion, run the pipe from the turbo to the hat in a way that give you more pipe then less. The larger the distance between the turbo and hat, the more heat reduction you will have.

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
6 or 12 are the best options, but others will work.

I would make a suggestion, run the pipe from the turbo to the hat in a way that give you more pipe then less. The larger the distance between the turbo and hat, the more heat reduction you will have.
Never thought about that, how much heat reduction? Lets say you add an additional 2 feet of pipe before the carb?

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
With the CSU hat there are no issuses. Just clock it where it work best for you. Then fit the pipe and blow off and good to go. Dude I have all the shit you do been there done that only with a Vortech Ysi. Ignintion dig6 with a BTM thats the cheepest way to go.
bluchev, I've seen this ^^^^ car run. I would take his advice....

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
heres some feed back. your a cheap ass, quit fucking around and install the turbo in the front middle already :smt071:-Shower:smt072

Very informative, Mike.

I dont have unlimited funds, that doesn't make me cheap by any means. Just trying to do this the best possible way with what i have.:supz:

Big Green and BOOSTED elky Thanks alot!
If anyone else has some constructive input/criticism post up!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Very informative, Mike.

I dont have unlimited funds, that doesn't make me cheap by any means. Just trying to do this the best possible way with what i have.:supz:

Big Green and BOOSTED elky Thanks alot!
If anyone else has some constructive input/criticism post up!
just giving ya hell:party

ill see what else i can find for ya

1 - 17 of 17 Posts