Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6,183 Posts
Back when it was still CSI. I had one that only lasted less than a year. And when I called them about it the guy on the other end of the phone said "well don't you get a new set of slicks every year?? Parts require maintenance just like tires do."
Been running a "cheaper" proform for years now and never an issue. Hell if it quits tomorrow and I have to go buy a new one, I'm still better off than I was with the CSR.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Has anybody had problems wiyh their csr bbc water pump? ive had two go bad.
I had one go bad so I bought a replacement motor and never had a problem again.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Back when it was still CSI. I had one that only lasted less than a year. And when I called them about it the guy on the other end of the phone said "well don't you get a new set of slicks every year?? Parts require maintenance just like tires do."
Been running a "cheaper" proform for years now and never an issue. Hell if it quits tomorrow and I have to go buy a new one, I'm still better off than I was with the CSR.
how do you like the proform I need a pump anybody run the jegs brand or know who makes it for them

·
Registered
571 Posts
Has anybody had problems wiyh their csr bbc water pump? ive had two go bad.
yep we had one go bad after 2 days of use it was new we bought it 13 days ago and ran the car on the dyno then the next day went to an event and the car made it to the final but the pump took a sheit so we could not race the final.. It sucks to give one up like that. We then called CSR and they said these never fail!!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
CSR water pumps have had a reputation of going bad for years and that's why I spent my coins on a Meziere. Over 250 passes and still working as good as day 1.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
18,057 Posts
CSR water pumps have had a reputation of going bad for years and that's why I spent my coins on a Meziere. Over 250 passes and still working as good as day 1.

If this is who I think it is, you make those 250 passes in the first half of the racing season! ;)

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I have replaced 3 motors and always keep a spare in the trailer, I swore that if I used this last spare I would switch to a meziere and that was at least 3 seasons a go.

·
Registered
16,145 Posts
I have both Meziere and CSR never had an issue in 5 years with eather

My Boss has had 2 CSR's go bad in the last month. One was brand new

I would say they (CSR) have changed something in the last year or so

·
Registered
5,772 Posts
I have replaced 3 motors and always keep a spare in the trailer, I swore that if I used this last spare I would switch to a meziere and that was at least 3 seasons a go.
i dont mean to highjack the thread but the same thing happenned to me with my bg fuel pump! still working knock on wood!

·
Registered
6,183 Posts
how do you like the proform I need a pump anybody run the jegs brand or know who makes it for them

Been using one for about 3-4 years now and never an issue. And not to mention they are probably the lowest priced pump on the market. Like I said earlier, if I had to go buy a new one tomorrow I would buy another Proform and still be better off than when I had the CSR.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts