Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
F'n gas prices in GA are 4.60 a gallon because of "IKE" or really because of gouging (sp?). Funny thing is Tennessee has regular prices like 3.50...but we get nailed

·
Registered
450 Posts
this morning on good morning America the CEO of Exxon said that before Ike hit they had prepared by bringing in offshore oil. and that they were continuing to do so. He also stated that the damage was not that bad but they still had some flooding in places and could not say how they were.

pretty much the way I interpret it by the end of the week we will see things return to "normal" or so I hope. however theres no shortage out there so there should be no higher prices. Is anybody "out" of gas? if not whats the reason for the higher prices?

·
Registered
777 Posts
We left Fri. heading to Rockingham for the ADRL race and going up prices were high, if the station even had any gas at all. We left there and headed over to the NHRA race and on the was saw gas for 5.39 a gallon and diesel for 5.99! Coming back home I didn't find a single station with 87 octane gas.

·
Registered
957 Posts
They ran out around here on Friday because of the panic. I bought 10 gallons for the mower saturday morning and although it cost me $40, (the same price per gallon I just paid for diesel mind you) I didn't have to hunt for it. I think it was a "oh yeah we're all out, put bags over the nozzzles" mid-day Friday and mark it up $.25-50 per gallon. And then miraculously they all got a truck overnight and had more gas.

Diesel hasnt changed here.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
They ran out around here on Friday because of the panic. I bought 10 gallons for the mower saturday morning and although it cost me $40, (the same price per gallon I just paid for diesel mind you) I didn't have to hunt for it. I think it was a "oh yeah we're all out, put bags over the nozzzles" mid-day Friday and mark it up $.25-50 per gallon. And then miraculously they all got a truck overnight and had more gas.

Diesel hasnt changed here.
Yea, it pretty funny that a lot of stations that were 'out' Saturday and Sunday near me are now open at 5.00+ a gallon and they said that they wouldnt get any gas until Thursday. Diesel hasnt changed much at all.

·
Bring on the Metal!!
9,483 Posts
they are phuking rationing gas down here.. Station I went to today would only let me pump $25 worth into my truck. They said there is a shortage and the only way they would let me pump more is if I was willing to pay $5.00 a gallon. WHAT A BUNCH OF SHIT!!! This country is going to hell quicker than water flows on the rapids.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Thats funny.. there is a "shortage" at the reg price up to $25.00 but if you want to fill it up then by all means go for it... as long as you pay $5 a gallon.... what a bunch of bull $hit !! These f'in Oil Co's. just have no mercy what so ever.They just want to suck every dime out of you they can no matter the cost. Until we all loose our cars because we cant afford to drive to work any more. Then what will the oil Co's do when there are no cars on the road??

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Its funny, after gustav they all claimed no damage was done and prices would begin to fall. Then, as ike is hitting they say, "well, gustav did a ton of damage, and now we have ike to deal with."
I call bull$hit on the Oil Co's.:smt097:smt097:smt097:smt097:smt097:smt097
Seems that everytime we get ready to hit the road something happens with the price of gas and then I think we may as well stay home and keep that $$$ in our pockets.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Funny to see this.....before Ike hit Thursday I paid $3.28 a gal. We looked last night & it was $3.99 gal. Little price gouging going on here......

u think

This is the biggest kept secret in the world-

:party

Thanks

Nick--

1 - 20 of 21 Posts