Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do anyone know if crower ever produce a 5.850 sbc rod without there logo,
have opportunity to buy some rods from a gentleman, it has the crower bolt with stamp logo but the rod itself doesn't have a id
and it said to be crower sbc billet 5.850 rod. i like to take sellers at there word but nowadays not sure,
any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
have opportunity to buy some rods from a gentleman, it has the crower bolt with stamp logo but the rod itself doesn't have a id
and it said to be crower sbc billet 5.850 rod. i like to take sellers at there word but nowadays not sure,
126320317_1450486915155799_1806916502414164497_n.jpg

·
Registered
5,185 Posts
Best bet contact Crower and send them the pics and if possible the weights. I bought a set of rods that I wasn't sure of and they ID'd them for me.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have used hundreds of sets of Crowers and the only rods with their name were the forged rods and the Crower name was forged in the beam. The rods you have are Crower fully machined billet and I am 100% sure they are Crower. They are a fairly old design, especially with the thru bolts instead of cap screws. They are good rods, little heavy compared to today's offerings with similar load rating.

·
I kill parts
10,216 Posts
Agreed with Logan, look like the older Crower Billets, and yes two of them are different from the rest. The beam "indention" and bolts are different, look to be a newer style than the other 6.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I cant believe a fellow racer would be this way knowing that we put our sweat money into this hobby, to have it be gone by dishonesty,

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
That one rod looks to be have ground so hard it's into the bolt head.... Not good....
It apparently had 2 rods replaced,
It its really cheap to get them then maybe.....
They are old rods and you may not be able to get the bolts anymore...
I jyst ran into that and was lucky they had some as they discontinued them, not cheap either $350.00 for bolts, and I'd definitely want to change those bolts.
They are crower... But if it were me I'd pass unless they were $50-100.00 then maybe...
Op, what's your intended use for them?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That one rod looks to be have ground so hard it's into the bolt head.... Not good....
It apparently had 2 rods replaced,
It its really cheap to get them then maybe.....
They are old rods and you may not be able to get the bolts anymore...
I jyst ran into that and was lucky they had some as they discontinued them, not cheap either $350.00 for bolts, and I'd definitely want to change those bolts.
They are crower... But if it were me I'd pass unless they were $50-100.00 then maybe...
Op, what's your intended use for them?
Im trying to replace some parts that was lost in a machine shop and was never found, A NIGHTMARE, I use to run Oliver 6" rods in my 8.99" deck height dart block, which was on motor, so now I'm doing a rebuild with intentions of spraying this motor with at least a 400 shot of nitrous, so I'm bringing my ring land down by going with the 5.850 rods and is the reason I'm seeking a good set. money ain't like it use to be retired an all.

·
Registered
9,765 Posts
Im trying to replace some parts that was lost in a machine shop and was never found, A NIGHTMARE, I use to run Oliver 6" rods in my 8.99" deck height dart block, which was on motor, so now I'm doing a rebuild with intentions of spraying this motor with at least a 400 shot of nitrous, so I'm bringing my ring land down by going with the 5.850 rods and is the reason I'm seeking a good set. money ain't like it use to be retired an all.
How much stroke.....
You want to play with a 400 hp shot on a retirement budget??

1 - 20 of 25 Posts