Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Vendor
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am surrounded by old people in my neighborhood. They are all super nice and help out whenever they can. Retired guys always looking for something to do. This summer, I purchased a 2 stroke 50cc dirt bike for my son. We live on a half acre on a hill so there is plenty of room for him to tear it up. The bike is loud so I was expecting to get some complaints form the wives. Instead, they come out and watch him and waive.

You got neighbors always up in your business, calling cops or complaining about fab work you are doing, working on your car?

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
My one neighbor dosnt like us to much, he says it sounds like a wrecking yard in our back yard, but fuck that guy. His backyard looks like a tornado went through it.

The rest like that my brother Dad and I are always busy. They look forward to seeing what the 2 cars in our backyard look like when they are done.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Just bought my house a little over a year ago. Iam 23yo,and my fiance is 24, well when I got this 308 put together I fired it up open header,about 6 o clock at night. Next day,phuckstick across the street introduced himself and then complained. Next day old lady next door is outside,so I walk over and introduce myself and apologize right off the bat about the car. She looked at me smiled and said don't worry about it,the guy across the street never had kids,she says she is glad to have us as neighbors. That made my day.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
6pm? Fuck that guy lol

Our old neighboor was a bitch though, we had dirt-bikes and wouldn't ride them on the street or anything, but on the trails in the forest. She would always call the cops. She called a tow truck on my Dad because his car wasn't 2 feet from her driveway, it was like 1.5 feet... She called the city on us for to many motorcycles in the back yard, for a chimney that was falling apart(it wasnt even ours, but the lady on the other side lol) for working on cars on the street, being to loud. My Dads bike was to loud in her opinion, he went to work to early, our porch was to messy, our car leaked alot of oil in her opinion and was wrecking the road.

She pretty much hated everything.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Got a tweeker and an older dude on my street. They tweeker is about burnt up, loan him $10 every once in a while, his is better than any security system and way scarier, and that keeps him from steeling from me. The older dude, I pay him to mow the empty lot next to my house, now his kid rides his quad on it, keeps them both outta' trouble and gives them something to do. I always have cars in the yard or in the street, there is no methadone treatment for messing with old cars. Its in an older, rougher, part of town, on a dead-end street.

·
RIP Dave - YB will miss you
25,442 Posts
My neighbors have never been a problem.We ride quads,have a loud party with 100+ people every 4th of July,pool parties and barbeques,etc.My closest neighbor is a retired Marine so we get along very well.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
Tall fences make good neighbors.

·
Registered
672 Posts
all my neighbors are car people. so i dont have any problems. on has a 71 challenger, the other a 66 fairlane. guy behind me had a vette and talks about races at york us 30. his wife always tells me when she hears my car and says she loves to hear it. now if i could just get my wife to like it.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
my neighbors dont screw with me

one complained about my grand cherokee being too loud (bone friggin stock besides a quiet borla exhaust system) so now I let my dodge idle for 20 minutes every morning on 3 cylinder high idle.

·
All motor wannabe
5,904 Posts
my closest neighbor is 2 acres away and he shoots off .22 rifles at anything that moves that is an animal all day long so between us we really dont give a shit about loudness hell i run my car open header off the trailer at 4 am he will get up and walk over and help me unload the truck

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
First made noise with car after moving in and all of a sudden there is a guy standing at the garage door. OH SHIT!!!.............NOT! He loves cars and was coming to check things out. We help each other out now. Couple houses are rentals and they come/go pretty quick, the other houses are no problem as I plow their drives in the winter for them!! I don't like to be a nuisance, so I keep things somewhat quiet.

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
All my close neighbors are cool. I was worried about my car being loud at first so I went around and talked to them and they were cool with it and half of them wanted me to take them for spins and do burn outs. They also don't care if we are up till 3am parting as most of them are over with us already.

Funny thing is though after the 4th of July we had so many fire works left over we had someone call on us from another subdivision. We knew that because the fire chief lives a few doors down and was outside with us when his scanner went off. I guess they didn't like the mortars we made with flash powder.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts