Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any chance they will only run 1/8 at Byron tomorrow (Sat 10/15) due to west winds gusting to 30mph?

Also, if familar with Byron what is "IMSM" and what is "Smoking 188s"

Thanks. I want to Test Tune some suspension changes on my dog street rod - low 12s.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Any chance they will only run 1/8 at Byron tomorrow (Sat 10/15) due to west winds gusting to 30mph?

Also, if familar with Byron what is "IMSM" and what is "Smoking 188s"

Thanks. I want to Test Tune some suspension changes on my dog street rod - low 12s.
I've never seen them shorten the length of the runs at Byron. They thought about it once when they were having troubles with the lights after a thunderstorm but they ended up getting the timing system fixed. If you're really worried you could always let off after the 1/8 mile. Because you're going to have to go the same distance to the turnoff no matter what.

IMSM is an index series. I haven't run with them in a few years but they used to require a membership fee to run with them.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want to run the 1/4. If there is a good chance they will shorten to 1/8 in wind...I'm not going to make the haul.

I heard that is what Milan did a couple of weeks ago on a windy day.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
You can call them but I've never heard of them going 1/8 due to wind. But I've been wrong before.....once or twice. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I tried calling both track and office numbers. One was a scratchy tape telling the hours, etc. The other was a filled voice mail box.

Didn't end up mattering anyway. I had a trailer issue this morning and ended up hitting a local car show instead.

Anybody else go to Byron today? How'd it go?

·
T/S 368E
31,229 Posts

Depends on how fast you are.
I don't remember the exact details, but just about every track has done it before when necessary.
Usually the fast guys 1st, and if real bad, every one.
I'm going tomorrow, so I would like to know also what they did today??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts