Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
BBQ RIBS IN CROCK POT
Read more about it at www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1712,156183-230207,00.html
Content Copyright © 2011 Cooks.com - All rights reserved.

3 to 4 lbs. boneless spare ribs
1 each onion, sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 (16 oz.) BLT smoke BBQ sauce (or any brand)

Sprinkle ribs with salt and pepper. Place ribs under broiler on a pan until browned (up to 15 minutes) and remove excess grease. Put sliced onion and minced garlic in crock pot. Slice ribs into serving pieces and put in crock pot. Pour BBQ sauce over ribs. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours. Add a cup of hot broth mixed with a tablespoon of flour to the bottom of the crock pot during the final hour of cooking if you want a gravy to serve alongside the ribs.

·
Registered
462 Posts

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
CROCK POT BBQ COUNTRY STYLE RIBS
Read more about it at www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,2212,157177-234202,00.html

3.5 - 4 pounds Country Style pork ribs
1 cup Cattleman's Original BBQ Sauce
1/2 cup Kraft Honey BBQ Sauce
2 tbs Dales Marinade
1 medium onion
1/2-1 tsp. garlic powder (to your taste)
1 tsp. seasoned salt
1/2 tsp. Accent

Slice onion into rings and place in bottom of Crock pot. Layer Ribs on top of onion. Sprinkle ribs with garlic powder, seasoned salt and accent. Mix together both BBQ sauces and Dales. Pour BBQ sauce over ribs making sure to coat them well. Cook on low for 7-8 hours. They will be fall apart tender.

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
CROCK POT COUNTRY RIBS
Read more about it at www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1612,157181-243200,00.html

SAUCE:

2 med. onions, chopped
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. celery salt
3 tsp. vinegar
1 c. catsup
1 c. brown sugar

Brown the ribs before placing in crock pot. Mix all of the above ingredients together well. Place ribs in crock pot and pour sauce over ribs. Cook for 8 to 10 hours on low, or it may cook 2 hours on high then 6 hours on low.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can search google all day for shit, but someone on here knows how to keep it simple... and no I'm not gonna make my own sauce...Jack Daniels is what I have. I have 4 lbs. in the cooker now thawing out...

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CROCK POT BBQ COUNTRY STYLE RIBS
Read more about it at www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,2212,157177-234202,00.html

3.5 - 4 pounds Country Style pork ribs
1 cup Cattleman's Original BBQ Sauce
1/2 cup Kraft Honey BBQ Sauce
2 tbs Dales Marinade
1 medium onion
1/2-1 tsp. garlic powder (to your taste)
1 tsp. seasoned salt
1/2 tsp. Accent

Slice onion into rings and place in bottom of Crock pot. Layer Ribs on top of onion. Sprinkle ribs with garlic powder, seasoned salt and accent. Mix together both BBQ sauces and Dales. Pour BBQ sauce over ribs making sure to coat them well. Cook on low for 7-8 hours. They will be fall apart tender.

thats what I'm rollin with...I even have the accent, and dales thanks

·
Registered
8,462 Posts
I just throw them in the crock pot (frozen) with a can of cream of mushroom soup and put the bbq sauce on after I get home from work. Otherwise the flavor is all watered down.

·
Registered
16,439 Posts
My wife hits them hard on the BBQ and then into the crock pot................the best!!

·
Let's have one.
3,176 Posts
I put mine on a bed of onions and cover with Open Pit Bbq sauce......walk away for a few hours. When they're almost done I dump in some beans. After you pull the ribs out scoop out the beans mixed with what's left of the onions and anything else. Mmmmmmmm.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I put mine on a bed of onions and cover with Open Pit Bbq sauce......walk away for a few hours. When they're almost done I dump in some beans. After you pull the ribs out scoop out the beans mixed with what's left of the onions and anything else. Mmmmmmmm.
what kind of beans?...like Bush's in a can? or just plain ol beans.

·
Senior Moment
9,664 Posts
it was pretty good, my kids were grossed out as I was eating the fat like candy...thanks again
Pictures or it didn't happen!

always wanted to say that.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts