1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,929 Posts
looks like the rear end is twisting..the first vid shows the car dawg walking down the track rob..2nd you can see it shift and then it blows the tires off

its a custom setup right? do you got pics of it..looks like the right side lower or ladder bar needs to adj to sqaure the car up

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,929 Posts
rob you could set the car in the air at ride hight with rolling caster on the ass end under the tires and have the rest of the car on jack stands and the front tires on ramps that way only the rear end could move side to side or front and backwards and you should be able to see what is giving or allowing the rear to move and see what it is causeing to bind up.

·
Registered
49,830 Posts

·
Registered
20,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did it transfer any wieght ? Sure didn;t lool like it. the GTO is a nose heavy pig IIRC.
it's extending the front shocks, to me it looks like it hitting the tire too hard..

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
Is it on drag radials?

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,929 Posts
loosen up the front and soften the rear so it dont hit the tires as hard but will transfer weight better.

but my main consern with that car is the rear shifting under the car..its clearly dawg walking..rob i might be out there on wensday but i dont know them guys and if i say something i highly doubt they would listen..they would think i'm just some punk kid who thinks he knows about racing..i tend to get that alot when people dont know me.

·
Registered
12,031 Posts
Looks like the rear is open to the right.

·
Registered
12,031 Posts
What ?? Open ??
The centerline of the real axle would be unparallel to the front, meaning the right rear is further from the right front than it should be. That drives the rear axle to the right but ultimately drives the car in a counterclockwise circle.

·
Registered
20,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The centerline of the real axle would be unparallel to the front, meaning the right rear is further from the right front than it should be. That drives the rear axle to the right but ultimately drives the car in a counterclockwise circle.
ok i get ya now. I crewed with a friends car that waslike that, it wasnt noticeable untill an engine change where the new engine had the power to carry the wheels about 20 feet, then the car started driving right.

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,929 Posts

thats what i was getting at also..they just need to adj that side..shorten it up and to the shock changes and that car should make a nice pass.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Looks like the rear is open to the right.

It's amazing how little an amount can cause a dogwalk. We found 3/8" out on our car. Once both sides were equalized,,straight as an arrow.

Looks like the car in the vid is REALLY hitting the tires on the intial hit. might want to soften that and creep up on the chassis tune.

·
Motorboatin SOB
10,309 Posts
Stiffen up the rear to help plant the tires into the track.

May need to play w/ tire psi some too.

·
Registered
20,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Put some real tires on it. Try a slick on it.

Dave
Radials are real tires, they are good enough for 7.40's in the 1/4

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,929 Posts
Stiffen up the rear to help plant the tires into the track.

May need to play w/ tire psi some too.
the rear shifting needs to be fixed before they try that..it just kicking the ass end out from under it or dawg walking and then spinning once a decent amount of power is put to it..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts