Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I play three games of cribbage every 4 or 5 days. We keep an old copy of Hoyle's Rules close by. We're well matched players. It's usually a dog fight on the last leg of 30 points.

We have always played that a 4 card flush held by a player was 4 points but, only the 4 cards he holds.

Here's the question: Hoyle says the start card is considered to be a part of each players card. If the start card is part of the players hand can he still score 4 points if one of the same suit cards was the start card? Example: Three hearts in his hand and the start card is also a heart. Still 4 points?

The rule book is ambiguous about this. It never clearly states the 4 same suit cards must be in the players hand only.

In the Hoyle book it clearly starts that the crib requires all 5 to be the same suit for 5 points.

Opinions?

·
Registered
967 Posts
No,

The Start Card only counts in the Flush if the Player has the Flush in Hand. IE, 4 Hearts in Hand and the Start Card is a Heart, 5 points. 3 Hearts in Hand and the Start Card is a Heart, no points. Same goes for the Crib.

That's the way I was taught and have played the last 40 years.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts