Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three weeks ago, Friday I hit the wall in Fontana, California. In my 1967RS/SS Camaro. Around the thousand foot mark something in the car broke don't know if it was liquid under one tire or if an axle broke. I haven't really examined the car yet, it will be hard to tell anyway because the whole front end of the car was practically ripped off on impact. It was pretty crazy, the tree came down I let go the button the car did 120 foot wheelie set the front end down. I clicked second gear and the car moved around just a little bit, but nothing unusual. You know these three speed cars are like that, first to second is always kind of fun! I click third gear and everything is fine the car is running straight as an arrow. And then it happened. I am in the right lane and the car just darts across the track to the left. So I'm in a four-wheel slide passenger side strikes the K rail and the car spins on its rear bumper and lands on the roof and continues down the track for 150 yards. Fuel is leaking inside the car I'm watching it vaporizes it hits the red hot roof and its all over me too. Luckily I got out, not a second to spare, I get 2 feet from the car the interior burst into flames like a blast furnace. I'm also very lucky that I had the state of mind to undo my belt and get out of the car as fast as possible. My bell was a little rung, but I knew I had to get out of the car. Anyway, the car might be a total loss, but what I'm looking for is a donor car that I can take the roof off of from the a pillar to the sail panels. I know, I know :WGAF but I know a lot of people visit this board. And I've known Monty for a few years from the gofast zone.com. I figured this place would be as good as any to start looking for a roof for my car. I just wanna get back behind the wheel before I get scared. Thanks for your time and be careful this season.

Thanks
Mike Young

·
Registered
20,891 Posts
man, you were lucky-we had a guy put one on the roof a few weeks ago, gas spilled all over him, had some broken bones, took a while for extraction, had it ignited, there would have been no hope for him-the broken bones hurt, but he said nothing like the rash from the gas all over him-good luck putting it back together

·
Registered
93,140 Posts
Sorry to hear that....glad you OK.......You need not say :WGAF on here.....we bust balls however we care about our people.....somebody will help you get the stuff you need to get back on track.....as to bein scared.....look at it this way.....you break up with your women.....divorce or whatever......but you still go out and get another.....THATS WHERE YOU SHOULD BE AFFRAID.....Not Racing......we'll all look for the stuff you need for ya....don't be affraid to ask!!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Sorry to hear about the crash. At least you are still around and uninjured (at least not seriously) and can fix it or build another one :D

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys i appreciate the condolances. If anyone has any spare parts they want to pitch my way I would be very greatfull. Ill give you what I can for the parts.

Thanks

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info i put in a parts request and we will have to wait and see what comes of it..

Again thanks
Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.