Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Read Only
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a crank trigger, and am getting mixed reviews on it?I have not installed it yet, My engine builder said it delivers more accurate timing especially on nitrous motors. I have a Mallory mechanical distributor and its locked out.

·
X275!
4,937 Posts
Yes

·
Read Only
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok so then its worth putting it on then. Is there any real performance gain or its just a need to do.

·
Registered
206 Posts
You can probably look at it as a ( no performance lost ) part , than a performance gain part.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Phrase your rotor in(cost you a cap),and crank the motor over before lighting the ignition,it will be easier on starter drives,less chance for kick back

·
Registered
469 Posts
I bought a crank trigger, and am getting mixed reviews on it?I have not installed it yet, My engine builder said it delivers more accurate timing especially on nitrous motors. I have a Mallory mechanical distributor and its locked out.
Mixed reviews? You mean someone actually tried to talk you out of using a crank trigger?

·
In Glock I Trust
6,825 Posts
It kinda depends on how serious of a nitrous motor you are building.....

·
Read Only
5,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah a couple of guys said they are a waste of money? I feel anything to keep more accurate timing and no spark scatter is a great thing. Its going on, the car, i have a cap to check rotor phasing as well. I am running an edelbrock plate kit, with a Crane Ignition with timing retard. The Motor made 1006 HP with a sharp tune.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts