Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to add a crank trigger kit to my car. I currently have an ATI balancer, with alternator, mechanical water pump, and a procharger 12 rib D1SC. Kind of a dumb question, but I am looking to keep my mechanical water pump, but was wondering how I will be able to space it out 3/8" to keep it in alignment? I know they make water pump pulley shims, but I dont think you could actually shim the pulley out that far because the center locating dowel on the pump flange would no longer engage the center hole on the pulley. The alt, and blower seem simple enough just cutting a few longer spacers and a few longer bolts. Not quiet sure what to do about the water pump.

Also, the ATI, I think is listed as a 7.07" balancer... would that work fine with the msd 7" kit? Thanks

·
T/S 368E
29,173 Posts

Check out Jones Racing, they have everything you need, and you might see a way to do it without 1/2 assing it.

On my no-box car I was able to run a mechanical water pump, dry sump, vac pump & alternator without any issues!!!

Good luck.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Check out Jones Racing, they have everything you need, and you might see a way to do it without 1/2 assing it.

On my no-box car I was able to run a mechanical water pump, dry sump, vac pump & alternator without any issues!!!

Good luck.

They make these. They are the same 3/8" thickness as the crank trigger. I guess you just put a gasket on each side? Looks like that would work well. After that it would just be a 3/8" longer stand off for my alt. And three 3/8" longer spacers that bolt my blower to the cylinder head.

·
T/S 368E
29,173 Posts

Definitely put a gasket on both sides, I did and it never leaked.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Innovators west makes a balancer with the magnets built in don't they? Possible ATI too.Seems like would be easier than trying to space out all the blower stuff. Just a thought .

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Innovators west makes a balancer with the magnets built in don't they? Possible ATI too.Seems like would be easier than trying to space out all the blower stuff. Just a thought .
They do. To have it modified by ati is about $350

1 - 7 of 7 Posts