Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing a crank trigger for the first time and need opinions if I’m going about this correctly? First I set the Engine a 28* btdc, set the distributer rotor pointing at #1 terminal on the cap, then placed the trigger pick up over a magnet on the crank trigger wheel.

I want to start with 28* and possible work my way up from there. I have a MSD 7531 and when I get the base timing figured out I will use the ignition box too remove a few degrees on the launch.

The combo is: sbc, Procharger F-2, blow thru deal.

Thanks,

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
That set-up is find to get it started. Being your running a 7531 bump the base timing up to 34 or 36 and use the box to a just down.
As far as rotor phasing, once you make sure you have your crank trigger where you want it figure out what range your going to run in and adjust the rotor to the middle of that range.
Are you going to run a Map sensor? If you need help understanding the programming ask as there are a number of us on here that can help you out.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick response, I'm not running a map sensor as of yet. I do have a boost pressure sensor on the data logger though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts