Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a sbf and am upgrading to an f2, I don't have a motor or midplate in the car but I am running solid mounts, I would like to run a crank support, can I run one that ties to the framerails? Or will there be to much flex? Thanks Brendan

·
Registered
320 Posts
i have the mandrel and bearing support from procharger. does anyone sell the rest of the stuff needed for a f2 and sbf? or is that all custom stuff?

·
Registered
882 Posts
I think his concern is running motor mounts and having the possibility of the motor and chassis flexing. I know when I was running solid motor mounts that I had a good bit of flex. If you decide to keep running motor mounts I would look into a crank support that mounts to the front of the motor and not to the frame rails. As 68bird said. "Wouldn't take much movement before it was chewing thru the front main bearings."

·
Registered
106 Posts
I use 1/4" crank support tied to framerails. I also use solid engine mounts with front engine plate. Using 14mm cog with an F series Front bearings look good.

·
MFI on CH3OH
14,335 Posts
Ken lowe here in Australia does a specific Ford crank suport that looks very similar to RCDs unit.

·
Registered
320 Posts
i dont wanna spend 2800 for a bracket system from atf. i'll go geardrive before that. i have the mandrel and bearing support. just need what goes with it to mount on a SBF have an innovators west balancer w/ crank trigger

·
Registered
151 Posts
I purchased the complete setup from ATF, but had to make major modifications to get everything to fit correctly. I hear it's best to run the gear drive setup. But I would agree, if your running solid motor mounts, to go with the crank support that bolts directly to the motor. I went with the framerail setup, because I it to mount my oil pump and fuel pump. I have whole lot going on, on the front of my motor.......

1 - 16 of 16 Posts