Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Been sitting idle for way to long and got the urge to get the pile back out this year. Got a couple quick questions first tho.
I bought my crank used back in 2000 or so. It came from a tractor pulling engine. Its a 4.250 stroke. I was told by the previous owner that it was a Callies? The only marking that i can find anywhere is Shaifroffs name engraved in one of the counter weights. Is there any way to tell which crank i have? Ive never had an issue with it, just kinda curious. Wanna put the hose on it this year and need to know if its a good one.
Second question is my rods. I built it never thinking about spraying it. Its got the 6.535 Eagle H-beams. Once again, never given me problems, but ive heard horror stories about them coming apart at the big end as they are 2 peice and welded. Are these O.K for a 300 shot or so, or should i replace them for peice of mind?
Thanks in advance, Jason

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Guess everyone here is to busy suckin that Gary dudes dick to worry bout the whole racin thing. Ill just do what we used to and pick up the phuckin phone and call Shaifroff. Just hopin for some conversation first I guess.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Callies stuff is marked with their name and if it has $500 Eagle rods I doubt it would have a $1400 Callies crank....

FYI Eagle rods are a 2pc forging where the rod beam and the rod cap are forged separately. Then the 2 parts are machined together. No welding involved. A lot of rods are mfgr'd this way.

Most likely it's not Eagle or Callies stuff in the engine. Shafiroff uses SCAT rods and cranks in his Sportsman builds and has for a long time.

They very well could be fine for a 300 shot depending on how much power it makes on motor, how heavy the piston are, stroke, how many RPM your turning it and how good/bad your nitrous tune up is.
Will

·
Registered
123 Posts
Most all the Newer Callies cranks Have just a serial Number and the stroke stamped on the front counter Weight

OP, does it have this on the front counter weight, Usually a 5 digit number then the stroke

·
Registered
139 Posts
Post a picture of the crank, I may be able to help you id it. Front cwt on a Callies (as previously posted) and usually on the end of the post the serial # is stamped.

What's the serial number?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts