Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
RED ROCKET
8,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fixin to swap my 85 camaro to and 8-71 and cruise on the weekends a little with it on pump gas..not a daily driver.LOL

will be a 598 w/8.8 compression ,360cc alum heads,mild solid roller,quickfuel 4150 carbs,turbo 400 with a 3500 stall.

not much room at the front..will a crank hub be ok to drive around with?plan to have 1 vbelt pulley for my alternator.

·
RED ROCKET
8,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys...it will get a hub.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Yes, no problem. Pulled my motor down after 4000 miles and the bearings were still like new.
just make sure you keep an eye on the timing chain because it can take a toll on it without a balancer, my suggestion is run a gear drive if your going to not run a balancer, other than that i have had no problems running just a hub

·
Registered
116 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I had almost 10000 miles on my 434, bds 8/71 stage II, crank hub, 719 at the back tires on 93. I had just a timing chain no gear drive. I beat the phuckin snot out of it every time I drove it. Then sold it and as far as I know still no problems.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I had almost 10000 miles on my 434, bds 8/71 stage II, crank hub, 719 at the back tires on 93. I had just a timing chain no gear drive. I beat the phuckin snot out of it every time I drove it. Then sold it and as far as I know still no problems.
pretty much same here but have seen some extra wear on the chain after a while,, just sayin

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
pretty much same here but have seen some extra wear on the chain after a while,, just sayin
I not saying your wrong, I am just saying It lasted over 10000 miles I had no prob. I think it would be best to run a belt drive vers a gear drive??????

1 - 9 of 9 Posts