Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What drives the amount of air that needs to escape the crank case in order to prevent pressure that causes leaks and robs power?

I have a 540" motor and two 76mm BW turbos. I don't expect to put any more than 15psi to the motor. Or, perhaps limit myself to 1200-ish horse power. Nominally I would seldom be into that much boost because the car will be street driven. I had wanted to use two Moroso breathers with -12AN inlets. Since they are now backordered for several weeks, I looked at some other options and found one I did not see before. A Moroso piece with a -16AN inlet.

So, can I run a single 1" breather tube that's about 2 feet long from the back corner of the passenger valve cover to this breather and be ok? Or, should I stick the the two -12AN pieces (1.5 inches) and just wait the 3 weeks for shipping.

:toimonster:

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Robert, I was talking about the oil breather catch cans and not the valve cover. However, than you very much for that link.

Would you suggest welding that rectangle baffle below the valve cover, or just pinching it in place with the AN fitting?

After sleeping on it, I will wait for the -12AN cans and go with the first solution instead of waffeling for times sake. Good excuse not to go out in the cold!

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
I run 2 of what Robert posted except -16's out of the valve cover. They run into two separate catch cans

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you suggest welding the baffle in place, or just pinching it in with the AN fitting and putting some lock-tite on the bottom of the AN fitting?

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
Having some sort of baffle or deflector in the valve cover will keep oil in the motor and out of the tanks.
We run separate lines from the v/c and intake to the separator tank/s.
The Star fitting and a little blue loctite or weld in -12 bungs with a baffle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts