Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a complete 6.0 cheap and thinking of doing and upgrade from what i have now. Current setup is 6.0 with stock crank, compstar rods, wiseco pistons, heads are TFS as cast 220, its blow thru, thinking close to 1000 to tire at 20 psi. Looking to to make 12-1500 reliably with stock iron block and 4 bolt heads. This is not a full on racecar, more of a street car with ocassional trips to track and some grudge street racing. Talked to Molnar and they claim thier crank and power adder rods will hold up plenty fine, also talked with Callies and they also said the compstar CCW crank will be more than enough but get the ultra h beam rods. Im kinda wanting the CCW crank but the almighty price difference is haunting me. Also new set up will be EFI. Can anyone give some input or thoughts, any would be apreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Run the Callies CCW crank and Molnar power adder rods.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats good to here, ive heard nothing but good things about Tom and his products. going to be purchasing the power adder rods and most likely the compstar ccw crank. ive had no issues with the compstar rods just not sure if i want to push them any harder than i am now. would still like to hear more on these parst if anyone wants to share. thanks

·
Registered
138 Posts
Might want to sonic check cyl wall thicknesses. Some can be pretty thin and vulnerable to split >1100whp. Soft tune might help it live <6K.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no fill, will not be on kill all the time. definately taking all the in all the info. block will be sent off to machine shop and be line honed, bored and honed, sonic tested. possibly only honed if i can get away with .005 over. has twin 366 on it, so it may not make 1500 without pushing it real hard. thnking about 1/2 head stud conversion also.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Don't think I would worry about 1/2 studs unless using aftermarket 3/4" deck head and pushing >30psi. I'm sure others will chime in.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the replies, more of a street car than race car, so I don't think I'll be filling the block as of yet. The 1/2 studs were just a thought, I have a set of heads drilled for 1/2 studs but they are 317's I bought when first started the turbo deal, never used them. I have twin 366's and I don't think they will support 1500hp. Talking with Jose, he suggested the 371's. I think I may have a little more work before I hit 1500, 1300hp maybe. I appreciate everyone's comments, I've learned a lot by reading and listening here. This go around is going to be fun with switching to efi and some of the changes I'm making to car over the winter.... should make it a fun summer. I'll try and post some pics. All have a great day!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts