Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a source for replacement needle bearing for the rocker shafts? I have some that have failed and probably some that will.
Need a set of shafts but can't afford right now, just need to hold these over for now.

·
Registered
21,313 Posts
I think Crane and a few other companies all buy a standard bearing from a common supplier. Maybe you can locate the supplier, or see if Crane or another company using the same bearing can sell you replacements.

I'd offer to get you some but we make our own bearing assemblies and they wouldn't interchange.

·
In Glock I Trust
6,825 Posts
Trust me, you'd be better off buyin some new ones.
They sell em in pairs.:cool:

·
Registered
8,263 Posts
I think Crane and a few other companies all buy a standard bearing from a common supplier. Maybe you can locate the supplier, or see if Crane or another company using the same bearing can sell you replacements.

I'd offer to get you some but we make our own bearing assemblies and they wouldn't interchange.
So do you yet make a rocker that doesn't need the corners ground off to fit under stock BBC valve covers?

·
Registered
21,313 Posts
So do you yet make a rocker that doesn't need the corners ground off to fit under stock BBC valve covers?
Have you looked at our Diamond series rockers? They're tapered on the corners for weight reduction and extra clearance. Go to our website (link in my sig.), click on Products Catalog, Chevrolet Stud Mount, and scroll down to BBC Diamond rockers. That might help with you with clearance issues. Here is a pic:

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
Have you looked at our Diamond series rockers? They're tapered on the corners for weight reduction and extra clearance. Go to our website (link in my sig.), click on Products Catalog, Chevrolet Stud Mount, and scroll down to BBC Diamond rockers. That might help with you with clearance issues. Here is a pic:

WJ check it out,, rockers to match the color of your truck,, now thats style :cool:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've purchased bearing from ALLIED Bearings for rockers.Torrington b-96 $4 a piece.
Thanks. Found them and got a full set for $120. The Timken/Torrington looks to be a MUCH better bearing than what was installed from Crane. I just couldn't see not fixing these since the bodies and axles were pristine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts