Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a set of Crane Shaft Rockers several years ago and ran them for one race. Due to intake push rod clearance @ head I removed them and went back to stud mount system. In process of finishing engine rebuild and given fact that Crane is no longer in business I may just hang them on wall as decorator item…Does anyone know if replacement/service parts will be available if Crane is purchased by another company or should I just consider them kaput? Any info would be appreciated! Thanks.

·
Butch
8,209 Posts
S&S Bought Them, Scorpion used that rumor IMO so they could try to get Crane cheap. Crane said there was never a deal with them

Call up Crane, They are open and sending parts out daily. They have revamped most of their production but have not on the shaft mounts as of yet. Great part and if you have the SBC unit you do have to clearance the back side of the intake face if you have the 1.65" pivot length as I do

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for response...yes, I do have the 1.65 ratio so will be sure I have adequate clearance at intake face. We don't run extreme spring pressure and cam lift is on conservative side so sure they will work fine. I run dart pro 1 heads..I had to have .015 stainless shims water jetted to run under stands and ended up with .300 short pushrods to get geometry correct on rockers per instructions. Initially, I had some concerns about the short P/R length but suppose it's ok. Guess it's just that I have never ran a P/R that short. Again, thanks for info!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts