Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i sold an old b&s 2.5hp engine on craigslist last week for $25.
I put fresh oil in the motor and started it up 2nd try about 15 minutes before i was going to meet the guy at walmart to sell the engine. So we met at wm and he asked me if it even runs. I said yes and offered to start it for him since i know itll start right up, but he said no its ok.

So today i got an email saying hes the one that bought the engine, and its got no spark and wont start. He gave me the option of either coming and fixing it for him, or he will return it.

What would you do?

·
Registered
11,165 Posts
Where's he going to return it to WM, Tell him to go fuck himself ......

·
Capri For Sale
12,917 Posts
Tell him that he should've bought the service plan that included an extended warranty. Tell him it's still available for $159.95 and with it he gets a purchase price refund guarantee if the product prove defective.

Yeah, fuck that dumb son of a bitch he sounds to stupid to be able to breath on his own.

·
Registered
10,414 Posts
I put fresh oil in the motor and started it up 2nd try about 15 minutes before i was going to meet the guy at walmart to sell the engine. So we met at wm and he asked me if it even runs. I said yes and offered to start it for him since i know itll start right up, but he said no its ok.

So today i got an email saying hes the one that bought the engine, and its got no spark and wont start. He gave me the option of either coming and fixing it for him, or he will return it.

What would you do?
You offered to start it. REMIND him of that.....that's if you even respond. $25? Fuck him

·
Registered
22,769 Posts
You MUST give him his money back !!AND $7.00 for gas money, $18.50 for his loss of time and a Subway footlong Meatball with extra cheese. It's the right thing to do.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
You MUST give him his money back !!AND $7.00 for gas money, $18.50 for his loss of time and a Subway footlong Meatball with extra cheese. It's the right thing to do.
An honest item seller would do this without hesitation.

·
Super Moderator
46,520 Posts
Funny, I sold a 3 hp Brigg and Stratton horizontal shaft engine this summer, (Rebuilt my kids mini bike), and I did the same thing,..started it before I left the house, met the guy at a nearby gas station, offered to start it, he said no, I'm only using it for parts. $30,...no complaints.

·
Registered
871 Posts
CL is a animal all's own.. I would not bother getting back in touch at all. You said it ran he should have had you start it . If it did start then there you go. I would say that in this is something you just do to prove the point. Then we all would not have to post up .. HA HA

·
Registered
21,090 Posts
What would you do?
Tell him you you are having new paint put on your truck and having new tires put on, but AFTER that you will meet him, give him his 25 bucks back, plus 100 dollars for your having wasting his time, you will give him YOUR truck and the title, and then you will just shoot yourself right there on the spot.

TELL him that. And then, whatever he says after that, say, "Fuuuuuu---yuuuuuk Yeuuuuuuuuuuu" and then hang up.

·
Registered
9,578 Posts

What would you do?

I'd politely decline his offer.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Lmfao wtf.

·
Registered
17,775 Posts
No stupid spin-off yet? Lazy MF'ers...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts