Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Professionally restored in 1987? Holy shit, did they park it outside after that and never touch it again? WTF happened to the back bumper? I know it's a Mopar, I know it's a Challenger, but this is not what I expected to see when I saw the title of the ad with a price of $7500. :smt102

1973 DODGE CHALLENGER / A RARE FIND !!! - $7500 (South Huntsville)

Date: 2011-10-11, 8:55PM CDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

1973 DODGE CHALLENGER / 318

TRUE COLLECTORS ITEM / PERFECT PROJECT CAR !!!

* For A Easy Restoration, Just Needs... Front Suspension, Alignment, Shocks, Tires, Thorough Tune Up & Cosmetic Work.

( Great Father - Son Project ! Could Be Worth Conservetively $ 15,000 + / Great Investment ! )

* For A More " Challenging " Project, You Could Spend The Dreary Winter Months Doing A More Extensive Restoration...

( You Could Drop A Big Block Mopar Motor In The Car And Completely Restore It To Create A " 1 Of A Kind " Collectable !!! )

( Could Be Worth $ 20,000 + EASY / Look Around, How Often Do You See One ??? )

* Car Was Running Fine Except For Suspension, Alignment, Shocks, Ect. When It Was Parked In 1995.

* It Was Professionally Restored In 1987, The Car Was Originaly A Dark Forrest Green Metallic ( Inside & Out )

* The Interior Was Changed To A Dark Grey - Door Panels Painted, Headliner, Carpet, Custom Upholstrey & The Usual Black Dash Cover.

* The Exterior Was Changed To A Silver Based - Light Purple Metallic ( 1987 Cadillac Color - It Was For A 20 Year Old Young Woman )

* The Original 318 Motor Was Replaced With A Brand New 318 Mopar Motor.

* ALL MACHINE & MECHANIC WORK Professionally Done By ... R & R Speed & Machine Shop Meridian Street Huntsville

* The Only Difference In Today & When The Pictures Were Taken, Is The Primer Is Showing More Through That Silver Based Paint.

* It Has A Current VINTAGE Tag & Has Been Started Periodically.

* This Car Has Been Loved & Well Taken Care Of - Thats Why We Don't Want It To Sit Through Another Winter.

( It Has Been A Huge Decision To Part With An Old Family Friend.)

* Don't Miss This Rare Opportunity To Own An Original Mopar... ( One Of Their Best ! )... A Piece Of Automobile History !!!

* Asking - $ 7,500

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2641260200

·
Registered
15,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
By the way, I hate ads that tell the buyer all the stuff they could potentially do to the car. "Would make a great ____" I'm sure the buyer does not need your help in deciding what to do with the car. As if you had never thought of that, but now that the seller mentioned it, you now see it's potential and are convinced of it's value.

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
It Was Professionally Restored In 1987, The Car Was Originaly A Dark Forrest Green Metallic
I read that as "This thing has 2.78 gallons of body filler on it. The quarters would be gone if they werent polyester resin and talc powder."

·
Registered
15,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My bad, it was parked in 1995, so at least it was driven after the "restoration"

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
The Interior Was Changed To A Dark Grey - Door Panels Painted, Headliner, Carpet, Custom Upholstrey & The Usual Black Dash Cover.

* The Exterior Was Changed To A Silver Based - Light Purple Metallic ( 1987 Cadillac Color - It Was For A 20 Year Old Young Woman )

* The Original 318 Motor Was Replaced With A Brand New 318 Mopar Motor.

* Don't Miss This Rare Opportunity To Own An Original Mopar..
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
15,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This one is only $11,500. The paint isn't really my style, but it seems to be a nice enough car. Either this one is underpriced or the other is overpriced. lol.

1973 Dodge Challenger - $11500 (trussville)

Date: 2011-09-18, 6:00PM EDT
Reply to: see below [Errors when replying to ads?]

Its an all matching number car, it has a 318 V82V, its all original no change in parts, The paint job is new and the flames are airbrushed not sticker by professionals , the body is in perfect condition with no scratches or dents or rust and the interior is very good and it runs great
call 205-276-4628 if your interested , ask for ben ----- serious callers please -----
email is - [email protected]

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

·
This amp goes to 11.
12,064 Posts
This one is only $11,500. The paint isn't really my style, but it seems to be a nice enough car. Either this one is underpriced or the other is overpriced. lol.

Yeah, but those rims which were apparently stolen from a Hot Wheels car have gotta go...:smt078

·
coffee extraordinaire
11,218 Posts
here is what seems like a good one: http://www.oldride.com/classic_cars/462619.html

Price: $12,500.00 firm
Ad Renewed: September 20, 2011
Ad Expires: October 20, 2011

74 Challenger California car. ps, pb, 383 cid 10:1 trw pistons, 501 lift solid comp cam, adjustable rockers, 750 Holley, Edelbrock intake, 8qt oil pan, Hi volume oil pump, Headers, Duel Exhust, Jegs Aluminum 2 1 inch core radiator and Electric fan, 727 Auto trans, 10 inch 2800 stall converter, New Distributor, buzz box, Dash pad recovered, carpet, Headliner, seats recovered motor and trans have about 2500 miles since rebuild. Paint is about 10 years old but still looks good. No rust, never driven in Michigan winter. Excellent running car, can be driven anywhere.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Challenger, the bastard little brother of the Cuda!!!!!!!!
Bigger. Challenger had a longer wheelbase.

I had both. 'cuda was a stocky mean looking, 71's in particular. But the Challenger had the sexy curves (until it got re-released as a retrofied pig).

·
Stackin' plates
13,859 Posts
Mopar guys are all a bunch of paint sniffing wierdo's.........wait a second....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
My moms uncle has a 70 charger rt that he tried to sell for awhile. It was a 440 magnum with an auto. It was in a barn since 1991. At one time he wanted 2500 for it but backed out. I think he sold it for 3k on so

1 - 20 of 20 Posts