1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
414 SBC
AFR 245's
SR 265/274 - .759/.703.

We would like to run pump E85 vs race fuel. The car will also see a 150 shot. Any good rule of thumb how much compression you can get away with on E85? We would probably use the pump fuel on the street and test the fuel if we are spraying it at the track.

Motor is apart right now and we could pretty much make it whatever we want. We were thinking 13.5 or 14:1

·
Registered
567 Posts
I'm running a 6L alloy block LS, EFI, 13.5:1, straight pump E85 and currently being tuned for a 200 + shot of nitrous (keeping feeding it til it stops making power). Our pump E85 here is actually pretty good (if not silly expensive) and is always +85% (generally 90%) ethanol. I've never seen it sub 85%, we don't get a "winter" blend.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'm running a 6L alloy block LS, EFI, 13.5:1, straight pump E85 and currently being tuned for a 200 + shot of nitrous (keeping feeding it til it stops making power). Our pump E85 here is actually pretty good (if not silly expensive) and is always +85% (generally 90%) ethanol. I've never seen it sub 85%, we don't get a "winter" blend.
Wheres here just curious how my fuel may be in south florida. Should be similar as we domt see winter blend, we do get a slight change in gas for 6 months. That was a headache to figures out

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are you going to run pump E85 or drum E85?
More importantly carb of efi. Flex fuel sensors. Tuned maps for a range of e85. A way to actively see fuel % perhaps
We would like to run pump E85 and test the fuel. I don't plan to tune the car to the razors edge.

The car has Dominator EFI but I haven't done the flex fuel sensor.

·
Registered
664 Posts
414 SBC
AFR 245's
SR 265/274 - .759/.703.

We would like to run pump E85 vs race fuel. The car will also see a 150 shot. Any good rule of thumb how much compression you can get away with on E85? We would probably use the pump fuel on the street and test the fuel if we are spraying it at the track.

Motor is apart right now and we could pretty much make it whatever we want. We were thinking 13.5 or 14:1
You could do compression area you listed easy enough.That cam you probably would be smart to stay 180 hp or lower with nitrous.Change the cam and sky is the limit pretty much.We just freshened 418 with same heads you have and dual plates for a friend.He ran 4.90s last yr at 13.5 comp.E85 on engine and nitrous. Full weight Malibu with 295 tires.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You could do compression area you listed easy enough.That cam you probably would be smart to stay 180 hp or lower with nitrous.Change the cam and sky is the limit pretty much.We just freshened 418 with same heads you have and dual plates for a friend.He ran 4.90s last yr at 13.5 comp.E85 on engine and nitrous. Full weight Malibu with 295 tires.
Thanks for the feedback. So are you saying you feel the cam will not bleed enough cylinder pressure for E85 on a bigger shot?

4.90's is flying!!! We are hoping to run high nines on motor (6.30's) then spray a little.

·
Registered
664 Posts
We made several changes to overall Malibu setup.It should run 4.70s this yr if they get to run it.Several of our tracks will do 1 day rentals .It will get out one way or another.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts