Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my name is Josh and I’m a long time lurker here. I thought I’d share my project as it nears completion.
Car- 67 firebird 326/2speed car
Goal- built it like a drag car and daily drive it! I don’t need creature comforts so I don’t mind driving a noisy/rough car.

Used to have a Pontiac 406, little bit of nitrous, th350 and 9”. Was a fun street car. But in 2008 I spun a rod bearing (stock Pontiac rods and I was revving to 6,200??‍♂) so I parked it with intentions to build a nasty 455. But life happens and I kind of forgot about the car. I finally got to a point where I could start building it in 2017 so I’ve been accumulating parts since and here’s where we’re at now.
-2017 coyote crate engine
-ford performance control pack
-2012 MT82 6 speed manual trans with v6 ratios (4.24,2.54,1.66,1.24,1.0,.70)
-moser M9 rearend-3.89-spool-35 spline
-TBM brakes all around
-TRZ control arms, steering rack, steering column, “girth brooks” twin tube ARB and master cylinder
-chromoly cage (8.5 cert)
-minitubbed
-Calvert racing caltracs, split monos, sliders and CJRC front buckets
-Viking crusaders for the rear and warrior coil over kit with 350lb springs for the front on the way( landrum 180lb springs in the pics)
All fab work was done by Fuller Fabrication in Lodi, CA
I’m hoping to be at the track by mid April so I have a lot of work to do!
mom always open for suggestions or constructive criticism so don’t be afraid to speak up!

Attachments

·
Registered
632 Posts
Very cool!
Love seeing the coyote in a Firebird!
You must be friends with the guy who built the GN with a Coyote, great job, will be following!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very cool!
Love seeing the coyote in a Firebird!
You must be friends with the guy who built the GN with a Coyote, great job, will be following!
Lol. No, don’t know the guy but I’ve seen the pics. That’s a cool project!

·
Registered
16,396 Posts
Certainly won't sound like a GM product! Very cool build.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Lol. No, don’t know the guy but I’ve seen the pics. That’s a cool project!
Yes you are right that car is something else, really awesome fab work.
Are you going to keep running n/a, or is there a power adder in your future?
l would get some Pontiac script and make up some cam covers to make it look like a Pontiac engine. There is that one Turbo Pontiac 326 that looks like a stock 326, very hard to tell there is a turbo hiding in there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes you are right that car is something else, really awesome fab work.
Are you going to keep running n/a, or is there a power adder in your future?
l would get some Pontiac script and make up some cam covers to make it look like a Pontiac engine. There is that one Turbo Pontiac 326 that looks like a stock 326, very hard to tell there is a turbo hiding in there.
N/A for awhile. I work at Whipple Superchargers so there’s a blower in my future for sure. But I’ll have to build a better trans before then. Goal is 10.49 all motor.
I thought about painting it pontiac blue but I’m just gonna leave it.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
That ranks real high on my cool-shit-o-meter. Love the being different and killer fab work. Combination of Predators......Bird of Prey and Coyote. Lol. Look forward to more updates.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I would look into some different ratios on the trans, that's a wicked drop on the 1-2 shift. Cool build, definitely not something you see every day.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would look into some different ratios on the trans, that's a wicked drop on the 1-2 shift. Cool build, definitely not something you see every day.
Yeah, it’s a pretty big drop but it’s similar to what the coyote stock racers ran prior to the race 4 speeds being allowed in their class. Typical combo for them was a TKO500 with 4.71’s in the rear and that 1 and 2 isn’t much different (mph wise) than this combo. If it doesn’t work out, I can always throw in the stick coyote ratios which will be much closer together.
C51DF5AB-3A55-4F02-B520-5F363185FB32.jpeg
23961F4C-674E-4EC1-8A33-FBEA7DFB65FF.jpeg
99A278ED-82AA-4F6E-A92B-750AC0D8AA6D.jpeg
5B263B3F-8417-4BE2-8339-A0956262C4E0.jpeg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts