Yellow Bullet Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
18,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
Fuck SCOTUS...Limp dicks that they all are.
What is starting to piss me off is the they almost seem to be kowtowing to states rights. The second amendment is in the U.S. constitution which clearly states it is the supreme law of the land. I don’t see where there’s any need to tip toe around states rights concerns when I comes to the Bill of Rights in the U.S. Constitution but I’m no lawyer either.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Miller was a terrible case. Millers attorney's never argued before the court and Miller was shot dead before the judgement was released. It was a clear case of governmental over reach in a time when the government was over reaching everything they could. What the Miller should have done by the Supreme Courts own rationale is protected the citizenry's right to own military grade weaponry.

·
Registered
18,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #44 (Edited)
I just realized that I didn’t include the below case. As you’ve no doubt heard on the news, this is now being argued in the SCOTUS. However, those following the arguments have said that so far, it is only about mootness. Once NY realized it was going to the SCOTUS, they changed the law and filed a claim that the issue was now moot. That was not accepted as is and they are arguing that point right now. There seems to be fairly widespread distrust of Roberts on this particular case.
“WASHINGTON, DC – The Supreme Court on Tuesday granted review in the first Second Amendment case in almost a decade, a case supported by the National Rifle Association (NRA), and perhaps signaling what to expect from the new membership of the Supreme Court.
New York law forbids residents from owning any handguns without a permit, and that permit allows the holder to possess guns only in their home or en route to or from one of seven shooting ranges in the city. A gun owner cannot transport a firearm outside the home for any other purpose, even if it is unloaded and locked in a case in the trunk of a car.

The New York State Rifle & Pistol Association and several of its members sued in federal court, arguing that this statute is unconstitutional.”
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/01/22/supreme-court-nra-second-amendment-case-new-york/

·
Registered
18,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
...challenging ban on AR's and Standard Capacity Magazines, similar to Friedman v Highland Park case which was decided at CA7 in 2015.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts