Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
424 inch sbf, yates c3 heads with 106mm. Compression is 11.5-1 is this too much for c16? Next question is, are 160lb injectors enough?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Depends on how hard your going to push it. What is the dynamic compression? How much boost do you plan to run? mor einfo needed........

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. motor was set up to run alcohol initially. Im waiting on the cam card to run the dynamic compression. As soon as i have all the needed info ill check back in with it..... maybe I should just do alcohol?

·
Registered
25,667 Posts
i would say yes if everything is in top shape? are you dialed in? but the bigger factor is what tire? at what weight? on alky of course.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dont have any limitations on tire nor weight. Car can fit up to a 33 tire and weight will be 3100 at the tree. So your saying that the 11.5 is good to go on alky but absolutely not on gas right? How much does it need to come down from the 11.5 to safely run gas?

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
It could be run on gas, probably up to 15-20psi if you were safe on the tune up, but you'd need super-cool intake air temperatures (really good intercooler) and some tough pistons. I'd just switch to alky to be safe.

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
424 inch sbf, yates c3 heads with 106mm. Compression is 11.5-1 is this too much for c16? Next question is, are 160lb injectors enough?
Put on alky or change pistons and drop compression.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts