Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just came accross my desk that their are Counterfeit MSD 6AL boxes. The easiest way to tell is all of them have the serial number 682013. Here are some other tell tale signs:
All REAL MSD boxes have torx head screws, the counterfeits have phillips.
All REAL MSD boxes heat fins should measure no more then .150", the counterfeits vary and are larger.
All REAL MSD boxes on the end the mag input is on the left and tach output is on the right, the counterfeits are reversed.
These are in packaging that look like MSD and it is hard to tell. Please beware of a "DEAL" on these items.

·
draggin' ass
13,414 Posts
If it works longer than 6 months, it must not be a real MSD box. Another way to tell.
This is BS! I have a 6al with over 200,000 miles on it during the course of 7 or 8 years of daily driving. Dont tell me I have the one good one because many have done this. You must have bad luck. :confused:

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
old news, was a lawsuit and everything, .. but it looks like maybe they're doing it again.

have a VERY close friend that's a Washington intellectual property / corporate attorney.

c
Curtis,
My letter from MSD is dated September 14, 2011. These boxes have MSD printed on them and from a quick view are identical. MSD has recieved several in for repair over the last few weeks. So I would venture to say their is a container of them that has hit.

·
Premium Member
34,809 Posts
We are our own enemy I believe.

First off, we are the major purchaser of these types of products.... from Watchs, glasses, racing products, you name it, WE create the market for it.

Seondly, does everyone thing it's some guy on a rice field thinking of ways to duplicate these products? NO..... it is fellow AMERIKANS.... you can bet on that.

·
Registered
30,082 Posts
We are our own enemy I believe.

First off, we are the major purchaser of these types of products.... from Watchs, glasses, racing products, you name it, WE create the market for it.

Seondly, does everyone thing it's some guy on a rice field thinking of ways to duplicate these products? NO..... it is fellow AMERIKANS.... you can bet on that.
There is a difference between this and what you are talking about.

This subject is about fraud not people knowingly buying cheap knock offs. If the customer is looking to buy an MSD and gets stuck with this identical looking copy (not knowing it's a copy since it has a MSD branding and 95% true to size and spec) that don't work, it's not his fault, but if he buys a procomp knock off brand and it fails well then it is his fault for going cheap.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.