Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fox body hatch, weighs around 3100-3200lbs. Will make around 900-1000rw through a stick but I wanna switch to an auto. Solid roller/turbo car that will be driven on the street on a regular basis. Tires are 275/60/15 and right now its got a 3.55 rear gear.

Would really like overdrive to make cruising on the hwy semi nice, I live 20-30 miles away from most of the good meets so I log some hwy time.

-TH400
-Glide
-4R70, OD ford trans
-4L80 if there is a nice setup that will work in a fox body?

If the TH400 or Glide is the choice, what gearing would work? I'd plan on adding a Gear Vendors unit to it

Thanks guys

·
Registered
17,385 Posts
Another option is an AODE by FB Performance. It has a switch operated OD. I've been running one of their units in my car (3400 lbs, turbo, 3.25 rear, 30" tall tires). It's great for highway cruising and holds up well at the track. Your rear ratio may work okay depending on your trap speed and rpm limit.

If you're interested in a used unit for a good price, I am planning on changing to a Glide with a Gear Vendors OD. The AODE worked well in my car, but the weight and power I'm running is right on the edge of this transmission's physical capability and I'm looking to push everything a little harder next year.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Another option is an AODE by FB Performance. It has a switch operated OD. I've been running one of their units in my car (3400 lbs, turbo, 3.25 rear, 30" tall tires). It's great for highway cruising and holds up well at the track. Your rear ratio may work okay depending on your trap speed and rpm limit.

If you're interested in a used unit for a good price, I am planning on changing to a Glide with a Gear Vendors OD. The AODE worked well in my car, but the weight and power I'm running is right on the edge of this transmission's physical capability and I'm looking to push everything a little harder next year.
What weight and power are you at?

·
Registered
17,385 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 - 7 of 7 Posts