Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed a Lenco CS1 4 spd and the Director of Tech at the track I race at told me I must have my Lakewood bell housing, Ram clutch, flywheel, Stroud blanket recertified. I am new to the clutch scene...

How much does this cost?

I assume the recertification is done by the original manufacturer?

Thank you in advnace for your input!

·
The Gear Rower
839 Posts
i am no where ner your power level, i didn't know that it had to be recertified? I mean, yeah when i get my shit refreshed at mcleod, it has a new sticker on it. but i haven't sent the mcleod hsg back for a recert? i mean how does a bellhousing go bad?

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dont know....and I agree at least on the bell housing.

The other items I can see the value in a recert...nevertheless all have to be recert'd.

·
Gigity
3,140 Posts
Dont know....and I agree at least on the bell housing.

The other items I can see the value in a recert...nevertheless all have to be recert'd.
the funny part is I beleive only the bellhousing needs a re cert every 4 years, I better re - read the rulebook to be sure........

·
Registered
20,012 Posts
I recently installed a Lenco CS1 4 spd and the Director of Tech at the track I race at told me I must have my Lakewood bell housing, Ram clutch, flywheel, Stroud blanket recertified. I am new to the clutch scene...

How much does this cost?

I assume the recertification is done by the original manufacturer?

Thank you in advnace for your input!
I run a Ram clutch w/sintered iron disc and when I send it to recertify they must rebuild it at around $500.
Bell at McCleod is about $100 with shipping.
Blanket not needed with a stick.

Clutch and flywheel every two years.
Bellhousing every five years.
Hope this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts