Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there different prices for chassis certification by an nhra certification tech. or one price mainly for a 8.50

·
Registered
644 Posts
I think it was $180 + mileage if they come to you

·
color me gone
1,418 Posts
dam i even trailered my car to the nhra building for the cert and it was 200.00 for 5 minutes of work. i need to make 200.00 every 5 minutes

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Sounds like they charge whatever the hell they want to !!! Should be a standard fee if you take it to them.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Met my guy at a Sears parking lot and if i remember he charged me 150. He was super good at meeting me seeing as i was coming back from an 8 hr drive to pick up the car from the chassis shop and it was a Saturday night . Can't say enough good things about Tim Toso.

·
7.86 @ 8800DA 3365lb 275s
4,502 Posts
IT DEPENDS WHICH CERT YOUR GETTING.
since when? in the last 2 month's i've had 2 cars certed one 25.5 and one 8.50 both were $150 plus trip i think the 8.50 cert should be about 1/2 what a 25.X cert is alot less bars to deal with

·
Registered
73 Posts
Carefull bring up that kind of logic. They may decide they need to charge double for the 25.5 instead! :) Our Local Division 6 guy Steve is great! He lives down the street from my shop so no travel time. He also gives a group discount for multiple cars. It never hurts to have the cars inside in a heated shop with coffe and doughnuts either.

·
Registered
998 Posts
hey guys this will be the 1st year i need to get a car to pass cert, looking for a 8.5. but im not 100% sure what else i need to do.
its a fox body mustang with a 10pt c/m cage.
i need a window net and a d/s loop. what else might i need and also as far as stuff i need to have. gloves? neck brace?

·
Registered
563 Posts
We had a chassis seminar here in So IL last weekend. It was 194 for a 8.50 cert.
150 to NHRA
30 Convience Fee
14 mileage/travel fee

The mileage was based on 12 or 13 cars and he had to travel about 2.5 hours each way to do them. The car I had done was a brand new cage and no interior yet so it did not take very long to do it but I can see where a fast car would take longer. Honestly I was not watching too close (too busy BSing) but I know he sonic checked all of the bars, looked at all the welds and checked the floor plates. I had the net in it but other than the steering column thats all that was in the car so I am not sure if he even looked at anything else.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts