Yellow Bullet Forums banner

141 - 160 of 219 Posts

·
Registered
18,129 Posts
Is this like the death toll of American Soldiers under Bush jr that went away under Obama, ALso Don't remember the Death count for H1N1 virus

·
Registered
20,611 Posts
To be accurate, 90 is not the real number. Total deaths divided by 365 gets 93.6. I understand that not everyday has the same number of deaths. Some days could be 180 and others zero.
And, I am willing to bet MANY of those that die by the flu and are hospitalized, are on ventilators prior to dying.

You just don't hear about it because it is a common every day occurrence. And, of course the media is not all over those deaths.

·
Registered
18,855 Posts
Flattening the curve. We should see in the next week or so if we’re successful. The reason this growth curve is of such concern is because if we can’t interrupt the spread in the population, the curve’s trajectory will show us the date that the number of people requiring hospitalization or critical care will outstrip the facilities available to handle them

This has been the biggest concern all along, not because the mortality rate is that high (it isn’t) but because it’s so contagious and can infect so many people. This should be an interesting week. Check out some of these graphs in the link. We are right now almost exactly paralleling Italy’s curve and this article is already a week old.

·
Registered
18,855 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Cool. Good news. My brother lives in the Bay Area in Ca and he sent me some video clips, looks like a ghost town.
I am in the bay area and that isnt really true. There is still plenty of people on the road and out. It is clearly way less busy but it isnt shocking to me when I drive around...

Only when I get home at midnight and it is QUIET outside.. That is weird.

·
Registered
16,175 Posts
I thought Fredo was the little brother on CNN, not the governor. Hence, the nickname...

·
Registered
18,855 Posts
I am in the bay area and that isnt really true. There is still plenty of people on the road and out. It is clearly way less busy but it isnt shocking to me when I drive around...

Only when I get home at midnight and it is QUIET outside.. That is weird.
Hmmm, sounds like there was some picking and choosing with what he sent. Are many people congregating that you see?

·
Registered
472 Posts
It's a cold, unless you're 80 and in bad health anyway.
We in the UK had a young woman aged 21 DIE today from the virus ... she was perfectly fit and healthy with no underlying health issues !!

Our London hospitals have said they have loads of previously healthy young people in the intensive care wards .. the game has changed in the last few days ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
829 Posts
Hmmm, sounds like there was some picking and choosing with what he sent. Are many people congregating that you see?
I'd say most people are abiding by the orders . But a lot of people are still working, people are still out driving and stuff. It just isnt quite a ghost town like I think some people would expect.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
I took the GT350 out for a drive yesterday, empty roads, lots of fun. Who am I going to infect, or who's going to infect me, while I'm in the car?

141 - 160 of 219 Posts