Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 219 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I’m not mistaken, the US death toll from the first reported cases of coronavirus in Washington State is less than the automobile deaths of say the 4th of July holiday weekend. When I google for info I have trouble finding up to date info. How about using this as a YB update thread? Too bad we couldn’t have a banner type counter like the days to the YB Nationals. We might only need three digit counters.

·
Registered
355 Posts
36,000 die from the flu yearly in the United States on average. Give or take a lemming.

That does not underestimate the importance of taking precautionary measures concerning Covid-19. But I find it astonishingly interesting how our Plastic Media is tackling this issue. Fear is power, and boy do they have power over too great a percentage of the tiny little suicidal ground dwellers. I thought the collective "reeeeee" we got from electing President Trump would be the loudest cry ever heard. Nope. Coronavirus for the win.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I believe this COVID19 could have been & should have been handled differently.
Instead of the entire, whole population of our country being thrown into some
type of "lock-down" we could have simply isolated the at risk groups; senior
housing, hospitals, homes with weak & sick, etc.

One of my best friends, who I speak with weekly (or more) feels the same way.
Who is my good friend? He is my former trainer partner who now works a
administration position for FEMA in DC. I just talked to him yesterday.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
According to the CDC, updated 3/20/20, total deaths in US is 201. Run for the hills! Oh wait...
Shelter in place!

It will be interesting to watch politicians patting themselves on the back for a job well done while standing on the smoldering ruin of a once vibrant economy when this thing burns out.

·
Void
77,304 Posts

But that wouldn't have hurt Trump.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry CG. I didn’t intend to counter your link. This is just another example of conflicting “facts”.
Either way, these totals hardly rise to the level of “pandemic”. More like a “bug going around”.

·
Yellowbullet Overlord
25,024 Posts

How do you isolate the "at risk" group when the virus is allowed to run full speed through the general population?

·
Yellowbullet Overlord
25,024 Posts
Sorry CG. I didn’t intend to counter your link. This is just another example of conflicting “facts”.
Either way, these totals hardly rise to the level of “pandemic”. More like a “bug going around”.
The deaths isn't what you should be looking at. It's the rates of infection. Deaths is a lagging metric and if you react to them then any response is moot.

·
Registered
371 Posts
According to the CDC, updated 3/20/20, total deaths in US is 201. Run for the hills! Oh wait...
Shelter in place!

It will be interesting to watch politicians patting themselves on the back for a job well done while standing on the smoldering ruin of a once vibrant economy when this thing burns out.

That's s good one, politicians patting themselves on the back. Just like Obama thinking he saved the economy, removing hydrocarbons from your hairspray saving the ozone layer etc. etc. etc...

1 - 20 of 219 Posts