Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
12,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deep Fried Corn on the Cob

Oil for deep frying (usually 5 gals for avg deep fryer)
3/4 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
3/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 egg
2 packages Green Giant Nibblers Frozen Corn-on-the-Cob, thawed or fresh corn on the cobb

1 cup cornflake crumbs

In deep fat fryer or heavy saucepan, heat oil to 375 degrees F. In medium bowl combine cornmeal, Parmesan cheese, flour, garlic salt, milk, oil, and egg; mix well. Dip ears into cornmeal batter to coat; roll in cornflake crumbs. Fry in hot oil 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately.

"This may not be good for you, but it sure is good!"

·
Registered
12,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, has anybody given this a try?

·
The Bullet Killer
36,720 Posts
Boil corn till done.
Sprinkle corn in salt, and sugar, and apply a thick coat of butter
Cover Tightly in tin foil.
Sit on grill for 8-10 minutes on low

·
Registered
12,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Boil corn till done.
Sprinkle corn in salt, and sugar, and apply a thick coat of butter
Cover Tightly in tin foil.
Sit on grill for 8-10 minutes on low

Should I take that as a "NO"?..:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
YEP. Tried it Friday night with my daughter. I thought the "batter" needed more spices, but it was my first try. She thought the corn was the best she ever had. I've done the boiled, microwave and BBq deals already, and the BBq is the best, TILL NOW. :cool:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Deep fried 3 dozen ears this way in the pits during the Northern SPORTSnationals and it was ALL GONE in no time. Everyone raved about it. Good with beer, but what isn't?

·
draggin' ass
13,416 Posts
Fried corn on the cobb with BBQ is gods girt to mankind, of course other then dead dinosaurs to provide us with gasoline!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Soak ears of corn,husks and all in water all day and throw on grill with steaks or watever untill husks look nicely crisp a couple of leaves in.Butter and salt,and you have that smokey BBQ flavor on the Corn............

·
Registered
12,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I 1st had Fried Corn on the cobb when I moved to TX in 1996. (Yes I was a damn Yankee). The south has some seriously good food!!

I haven't got any where near tired of this stuff yet!

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I have deep fried it but not with batter. I thawed it out and deep fried it. Take out and add butter and salt. That was REALLY good. May try battering it now.

·
PROUD AMERICAN WORKER!
7,416 Posts
sounds good...

·
Registered
656 Posts
This is a great corn receipe!! Tried it last night with a bunch of friends and family.... Added a little paprika to the batter.. AWESOME DEEP FRIED GOODNESS!!!!!!

·
Registered
14,521 Posts
I was on my way into the Presidents Cup about 4-5 years ago and while driving around on the golf cart found this guy selling some kinda grilled corn 3 for $5.00 or 2 bucks each. I could not believe this asshole wanted 5 bucks for 3 ears so I ordered one since I really wanted an ear of corn and he said you oughta go for 3 ( yeah right ).

Well after I finished the one I did order 3 more eat them then got 3 more to go and went back to my trailer to work on the car. About a half an hour later I was back and got 3 more and then around 5 o'clock I got another 3 more :rolleyes:

I have been looking for the guy ever since but have not seen him...I guess they found out the sumbitch was dipping the stuff in crack ;)

Gavle

·
Registered
12,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I Thought I'd dig this out. Tis the season and I'm doing up a batch today. Anyone who hasn't seen this, it's well worth a try.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Sounds damn good dude. I'll be trying it soon. I do the soaking all day and then butter it and grill it with the steaks and that's hard to beat. But here in KY we are Rednecks and love shit that's bad for us, so I'll be trying soon.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts