Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I'm from Jersey and just love corn on the cob......... I stumbled on a very easy and no muss way to cook it and have it taste the best! ....... Leave it in the husk and trim off extra stuff hanging off it....... Put it in the Microwave and cook for just under 3 minutes per ear...... remove and pull off husks (with gloves) .......... change cook times to suit your own personal desire......... My wife likes it cooked at 3:20 I prefer 2 1/2 minutes....... no cleaning pots after too!!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
easy to do on the grill also,
pull back the husk and remove the silk, push husk back up.
soak in water for about an hour and put on the grill.

·
its blingtiffic™
9,829 Posts
easy to do on the grill also,
pull back the husk and remove the silk, push husk back up.
soak in water for about an hour and put on the grill.
A even easier way for the grill, put them on med to low heat for 12 minutes roll 3 to 4 times just lightly brown the husk pull them off and shuck them right before serving. The silk provides the mositure..

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
damn, didn't know that ill try it that way next time.

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
x2 Leaving the husk on seems to retain a lot of the flavor. A little butter and "Old Bay" and its G R E A T !!!
Theres a man from Maryland, Old bay on everything

Junk

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have found that on the grill leave them in the husk and put them on high heat for the first 5-7 min. then medium heat for 20min. rotating every 5. The high heat carmelizes the corn during the first 5 minutes and for some reason it always tastes beter to me when i do it this way. Then of course the butter and old bay.

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gotta love it. I put it on my popcorn. :)

Cooking corn in the microwave though, thats a new one to me. Gotta try it.
I love it on the grill too!! 2 completly different tastes...... I had it one time at the Auto Auction in Columbus one time ..... it was cooked in a huge wood burning cooker..... damn good

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
put fresh corn on the grill. remove the husks and everything else. Wrap it in foil with butter and salt N peper wraped up in the foil. Put it on the top rack in the grill, good to go!

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
3:30 in the microwave, first try....wwwwwwooooww!

Many hours will be saved in my lifetime now! No more 25 minute water pot!

THANKS X 10!!

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
On another note, if your in a jam an have to take a dump while in the corn field always remember ! Shell the corn from the cob first an look at the color of the cob. Field corn has red cobs an white cobs. Wipe your azz on a Red cob first, then a white one second, the white one will let ya know if ya need to use another Red one!! hahaha!!

·
Registered
450 Posts
try soaking them in water with 1-2 cups of milk and dump some sugar in to taste.

grill them in the husks. the corn has a sweet taste and is very moist.

·
Registered
736 Posts
got a twist for you guys, after grilling, pull back husks, shuck silks and then brush your favorite spicy BBQ sauce and put back on the grill for a few minutes to glaze... sounds F'ed up but a really cool little variation of regular grilled corn

·
Registered
56,799 Posts
I perfer to take the husks off and grill them naked. Much quicker and the corn is very sweet. But I dont turn them down if offered cooked in the husk!

·
Registered
5,001 Posts
OK I did it the other day. I left the silk and husk and cooked it for 3 minutes each ear. It was great. One good thing about it is you can leave the extras in the husk and after you finish eating one just clean up the next one and it will still be piping hot.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts