Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
The Bullet Killer
36,720 Posts
I'll husk a corn. throw a dallop of butter down, some salt and a pinch of sugar. wrap it in foil and throw it on the hot side of the grill while I cook indirectly. Comes out money

·
Registered
11,162 Posts
Slice a fresh ear of corn in half......wrap with one slice of bacon and bake in the oven at 350 for 45 minutes to an hour until bacon is crispy.

Doesn't work too well on a charcoal grill but have done it on the trager and it's great........our best results with this has been in the oven.

Put seam side down on a broiler pan, once bacon sets you can rotate and turn the corn over so that it ( bacon)cooks on the bottom side too.

·
pist'n Broke
20,941 Posts
how long to cook typically? I always bought the cobs in the freezer section at the store.
I get the little nibblers and wrap them in foil with a lot of butter, tony chacheres, and salt. Put them on the grill or in the oven fir 20 minutes rotating a few times

·
The Bullet Killer
36,720 Posts
how long to cook typically? I always bought the cobs in the freezer section at the store.
Usually 15-20 minutes on high.
The corn sprayed with butter will get caramelized so even if it runs a bit long it still turns out damn good.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I pull the husks down then soak in milk for a few hours re wrap them in the husks and foil. then grill 25 or so minutes.maybe put a little cayenne pepper on them or something for some spice.

·
Senior Moment
7,467 Posts
Leave them in the husk. Soak in water and grill on medium heat 30-45 minutes

thats how i do it....except just long enough to melt butter......i like my kernels as crunchy as uncooked... ;)

·
Registered
11,162 Posts
A can of v8 juice in a large pot, bring to a boil......add corn cook until done......remove corn and grill over charcoal to give it a nice grill mark and set the sauce a little.

Sounds weird......not so much.

Regular tomato juice and or a good Bloody Mary mix works well too.

·
Senior Moment
7,467 Posts
A can of v8 juice in a large pot, bring to a boil......add corn cook until done......remove corn and grill over charcoal to give it a nice grill mark and set the sauce a little.

Sounds weird......not so much.

Regular tomato juice and or a good Bloody Mary mix works well too.
...gonna try that one :smt110

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Soak in salted water for an hour in the husk....toss them in the coals. as each layer of husk burns....remove the layer...turn and repeat.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I husk, and boil them for 4 to 5 mins. Then lay them on aluminum foil. mix up half mayo and butter, add 1 tbls crushed garlic, and 2 or 3 tablespoons queso cheese the hard kind. crumble it up like parmasan and add it. coat the corn and wrap in the foil then grill. I put them on with my steaks and when the steaks are done I pull them. Sometimes add cayenne pepper too.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Leave in husk, soak in water 30 minutes, wrap in foil and grill about 20-30 minutes. We use the spray butter, salt, pepper and old bay. Mmmmm mmm!

We also steam our own crabs a few times a summer, always gotta have some fresh sweet corn with the crabs. I throw the corn into my steamer pot with the crabs in the husk. It soaks up all the awesome old bay, vinegar and beer flavors. Best damn corn on the cob you've ever had.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts