Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Home of DMX
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone ever run any of these? I think to regring a stock cam and get more lift you have to srink the base circle and that would make for longer pushrods? Anyone that has tried one of these let me know how it worked.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I haven't ran one personally, but my friend that owns a LS performance shop here in town has. He has a local cam grinder do them and he's probably installed 40-50 of them without any issues, mostly mild street grinds though.

I wouldn't use a stock cam as the core though, I've heard the stock cam cores don't grind into new cores very well, something to do with the metalurgy.... Either use a new billet or an aftermarket billet cam that has a damaged lobe etc...

If my current cam doesn't work out the way I want, then I'll be having that same cam grinder do a different grind cam for me.

Mike

·
Kelly's Nightmare
4,147 Posts
I have a brand new w2w Designed turbo CAM that will go perfect with at 403 and s595 combo for sale.... way more reliable than a regrind

also have lifters to go along with it

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Call comp or lingenfelter and ask about re-grinds, people have had many problems with them wiping lobes off. Not worth it!

·
Registered
858 Posts
It would be interesting to do a surface hardness test on a re-grind vs a new aftermarket cam. Granted roller cams have less friction, so it may work on a mild setup with relatively soft valve springs. I really cant see a place for re-grinds on any type of high performance build though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts