Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have just converted my car over to enderle bird hat injection and have some cooling system question

the engine is a cleveland with half grout filled block, the water pump is a CSI electric pump, and i have a large 5 core copper radiator and 2 electric fans, this all was set up when the car run pump fuel and a carb and kept the temp @ 180*f in all conditions, now i have changed over to methanol injection, i have not yet run the car, but while i'm setting it all up i was wondering if my cooling system is a little overkill for the methanol, should i decrease the size of my radiator to speed up the time it takes to get the car up to temp..:smt102

what are people using for there cooling systems, i like to drive my car on the street for quick 30 min drives now and again, and i drive back on the return rd after the run, i do not tow, so i need a cooling system in my car..

any tips are greatly appreciated..

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
i just did the same change over and didn't have room for a rad. so i looped the water from the neck to csi pump and it still is hard to make heat in the motor. that was this past fall whan it was cool. i will be installing a 12x12 rad under my cell for this next yr.

·
Banned
71,969 Posts
Hi i have just converted my car over to enderle bird hat injection and have some cooling system question

the engine is a cleveland with half grout filled block, the water pump is a CSI electric pump, and i have a large 5 core copper radiator and 2 electric fans, this all was set up when the car run pump fuel and a carb and kept the temp @ 180*f in all conditions, now i have changed over to methanol injection, i have not yet run the car, but while i'm setting it all up i was wondering if my cooling system is a little overkill for the methanol, should i decrease the size of my radiator to speed up the time it takes to get the car up to temp..:smt102

what are people using for there cooling systems, i like to drive my car on the street for quick 30 min drives now and again, and i drive back on the return rd after the run, i do not tow, so i need a cooling system in my car..

any tips are greatly appreciated..
Before going off and spending money to change things, run what you have first since you drive it on the street. One thing I would add is an oil temperature gauge since your block is half filled. I'd want to know what the oil temp is doing while on the street. Hope you have a big fuel cell. Those thirty minute jaunts are going to go thru some fuel.

As far as getting heat in the engine, that is easy peasy with your Enderle MFI ... you just pull out the fuel shut-off cable to lean it out to build heat. What is important is that your main pill and barrel valve setting have to be close so the tune is not too fat .... at idle and at WOT. What you want to shoot for is a water temperature increase of between 10-15 degrees from the starting line to the finish line / turn off. A good tuning aid for an alky burner is a quality EGT reader.

Even on my Enderle Hat set up, I would not have to lean the fuel out and was still able to (real slowly) build heat in the engine. My setup: 406 sb, elec water pump, VW Scirocco radiator, good fan, drag car only .. never any issues cooling it down even in the later rounds when we only had 10-15 minutes. Course, the 16V battery didn't hurt either.

Always ... ALWAYS ... run the water pump when the engine is running. I would suggest that you put both fans on separate switches.

Make sure your alternator is up to snuff to supply the vehicles electrical demand. Low voltage and current will hurt elec components faster than too much voltage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts