Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,238 Posts
"hotter air has less usable oxygen. less oxygen requires less fuel. " Hotter air usually has more water in it !! Depending where in the country your from as the humidity goes up you can add timing to your set up, this will burn more fuel, and it takes burning fuel to make horsepower !! ;) Just my two cents... SJ

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
"hotter air has less usable oxygen. less oxygen requires less fuel. " Hotter air usually has more water in it !! Depending where in the country your from as the humidity goes up you can add timing to your set up, this will burn more fuel, and it takes burning fuel to make horsepower !! ;) Just my two cents... SJ
So in warmer air you would add a little fuel and possibly timing ?

·
Tony McKellar
4,812 Posts
30 degree temp difference? I would either bump the fuel pressure up on the cooler day AND or go up on the fuel pill.

·
X275 O.G.
2,353 Posts
i would go with what steve said i don't move my fuel i just add timing to burn the fuel. water slows the burn timing speeds it up ;) .

hot days low humidity don't tend to slow my car down to much. i don't change my fuel pressure from hot and cold day all the way from 45 degrees to 90 i just move the timing

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
i would go with what steve said i don't move my fuel i just add timing to burn the fuel. water slows the burn timing speeds it up ;) .

hot days low humidity don't tend to slow my car down to much. i don't change my fuel pressure from hot and cold day all the way from 45 degrees to 90 i just move the timing
Same here.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Have you ever changed your tuneup?
Yes. You don't think my 1" compression height pistons stay alive by some kinda magic do you? You should have seen me at cecil on saturday. With the heat and humidity I had to do some work to get it to run the number. I had the hood open,tools out and everything. LOL

·
"Darkness"
4,942 Posts
Yes. You don't think my 1" compression height pistons stay alive by some kinda magic do you? You should have seen me at cecil on saturday. With the heat and humidity I had to do some work to get it to run the number. I had the hood open,tools out and everything. LOL
LOL.Yeah but did you pill it up to run the number in the July heat or did you play with timing? Wait...Dont tell me you pulled a spark plug,lol.

Seriously. I think my car will need alot of help to run the number this time of year. Thats why I'm wondering about your tuneup.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
LOL.Yeah but did you pill it up to run the number in the July heat or did you play with timing? Wait...Dont tell me you pulled a spark plug,lol.

Seriously. I think my car will need alot of help to run the number this time of year. Thats why I'm wondering about your tuneup.
Your looking for way too much privledged info now.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
when you guys say that on hot and humid days that you add more timing in and dont adjust the fuel pressure at all. i have a base timing of 35. and i have the 7al3. are you putting in a higher chip or lower chip, just so i know. to put more timing in it, and say you have a 10 chip in the 1st stage retard. to add timing, do you put an 12 or say 8? thanks

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
thanks 68maro. i appreciate it. since im in texas, i should be putting in more, which as you said going down on the chip which will be putting in more, if i understand you correctly? its supposed to be 101 every day this weekend. LOL.

·
Banned
18,113 Posts
Yeah, but it's a DRY HEAT! Or so they say!!!!!!!!!!

We only have out 95+ days, but it also comes with 70% or higher humidity! Just thinking makes you sweat!

Can't race in the rain so we'll deal with the heat.

Have fun!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts