Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son and I are planning a trip to Washington DC for his spring break next year. On the way back I would like to stop somewhere in Maryland or PA and find something to do. Any ideas or points of interest ? We will be traveling from DC back to Michigan. Thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
outside of DC itself...... kings dominion, the baltimore aqarium, hershey park in PA, 6 flags in NJ(they used to have an awesome drive thru safari) DO NOT go to the 6 flags outside of DC, not a great area.......or park really!

williamsburg is 2 hours south of DC but i doubt it would be something an 8yr old would be into, lots of walking and looking. there is also a busch gardens there.

·
I have a liter of cola
7,101 Posts
Williams Grove, Friday night 410 and 358 Sprints. ENOUGH SAID!!!!

Not far off of I-81.

Oh, and don't forget Cedar Point on your way home...

·
YB Managing Editor
51,144 Posts
Last friday our event was rained out at cecil so we went down to the inner harbor In Baltimore. There is a museum for kids and the National Aquarium. A lot of shopping and restaurants. Plus there is a Submarine and Light ship there you can tour. Its right off 95. Exit 53. We had fun.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Unoffical YB Fundraiser
14,678 Posts
I would also say Gettysburg and its surrounding area. Its on your way home so your not going to burn up alot of time driving to Philly or Va.
Then from Gettysburg head over to Hershey park, again not to far out of your loop and again on your route home.
Also in the hershey area is Dutch Wonderland and the Strasburg rail road.

D.C to gettysburg is 65 miles
Gettysburg to Hershey is 45 miles
Hershey to Dutch wonderland 30 miles
Hershey to Strasburg 35 miles

·
Registered
762 Posts
I would also say Gettysburg and its surrounding area. Its on your way home so your not going to burn up alot of time driving to Philly or Va.
Then from Gettysburg head over to Hershey park, again not to far out of your loop and again on your route home.
Also in the hershey area is Dutch Wonderland and the Strasburg rail road.

D.C to gettysburg is 65 miles
Gettysburg to Hershey is 45 miles
DUTCH WONDERLAND TO STRASBURG - 5-6 MILES. THIS IS ALSO IN THE HEART OF THE LARGEST CONCENTRATION OF AMISH IN PA. VERY COOL TO WATCH A KID HIS AGE WORK A 4 HORSE TEAM IN THE FIELDS.

·
I have a liter of cola
7,101 Posts
Heck for that matter you could roll over to Snyders of Hanover...plus there are couple of Pretzel bakeries in the area.

·
Gettin' tired of the shit
23,424 Posts
When is this spring break trip taking place ?

A bunch of stuff has already been listed,
- Gettysburg (not really on your way but very cool)
- Baltimore Aquarium
- Annapolis
- Historic area of Philadelphia (not really on your way but very cool)

You can hit this though, this should be on your way,
- NFL Hall of Fame in Canton, OH

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When is this spring break trip taking place ?

A bunch of stuff has already been listed,
- Gettysburg (not really on your way but very cool)
- Baltimore Aquarium
- Annapolis
- Historic area of Philadelphia (not really on your way but very cool)

You can hit this though, this should be on your way,
- NFL Hall of Fame in Canton, OH
Trip is planned for the first week of April. One of his scout requirements this year is to research, plan and map out a family trip. We do something every year (guys week kind of thing) We are taking the RV instead of hotels and eating out all vacation.

Thanks for all the ideas guys !

·
Unoffical YB Fundraiser
14,678 Posts
The differance would be ? Thats right 5 miles.....lol
DUTCH WONDERLAND TO STRASBURG - 5-6 MILES. THIS IS ALSO IN THE HEART OF THE LARGEST CONCENTRATION OF AMISH IN PA. VERY COOL TO WATCH A KID HIS AGE WORK A 4 HORSE TEAM IN THE FIELDS.
I figured he could have done the math from the mileage I posted

·
Homer
2,180 Posts
STRASBURG
Is the Gast Museum still there? That place was awesome, variety of cars of all eras.

Of course, I'm going to say Pittsburgh. You could possibly catch a game at PNC Park if your timing is right. Of course I'm biased, but if it's not the best park in the US, it's near the top. The quality of baseball, well, depends on the day. :D The Science Center here is great, and also has a WWII sub, the Heinz History Center, the Carnegie Museum, all great places. They're all in the city though, so an RV would be a problem. If he is into racing, PRP should be opening around then, and there is a state park nearby to camp in, Keystone. Let me know if you head this way!

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
There are also the Shenandoah National Park which is about a hour west of DC in VA. Beautiful mountain scenery, hiking and caverns.

Laurel Caverns just south of Pittsburgh on the way home, (they have provisions for the kids to earn there scouting badges as well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts