Yellow Bullet Forums banner

121 - 136 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
A friend built a new garage to keep his cars in a few years ago and invited some folks over to see it. Frankly all the clean floors and walls makes me real uncomfortable. :p The floor is ceramic tile. I asked him how you jack a car up on ceramic tile, he said he never has.
My floor is porcelain tile. EZ clean-up & durable if tile installed with no voids (back buttered) I’ve dropped wrenches, hammers, even a TH400 trans when it fell off the trans stand. No damage at all. Grey grout doesn’t show much & tile is varigated & hides lots of spills

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
^

That's a nice floor....not slick? I'd go with something like that if I can ever get around to building new shop and moving everything I still have and want to display. May be a retirement project....lol

* to big will repost later...

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
^

That's a nice floor....not slick? I'd go with something like that if I can ever get around to building new shop and moving everything I still have and want to display. May be a retirement project....lol

* to big will repost later...
Not slick at all. I tested samples wet before buying.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
I have my fathers amature radio license plates,
the 1956 yellow plates and the 1963 black plates too,
they have his call sign on them,
thats my most prized possession.

·
46,942 Posts
That thing is neat!

I have an old porcelain Alemite sign.

·
Registered
10,050 Posts
Forget who got me that Cale Yarborough plate but remember it was to sweeten up a deal on something I was selling.

This Ascot poster I remember well. I was at the NHRA Winternationals (note Feb date) in the late 80's and it was raining, this was laying on the ground getting trampled, that's why the holes and rough edges. I grabbed it and kept it.

·
Registered
10,050 Posts
This in the hallway not the garage, a cool 1966 racing car spotters guide. The drag cars include a front motor fuel dragster, a blown Hemi T altered, a jet dragster, GTO Stocker and an A/FX Falcon for funny car.

·
Registered
13,294 Posts
And found my firemask, boots and goggles stuck way back in a dark corner. I'm surprised how good they look after 40 years, especially the goggles.

·
46,942 Posts
I knew someone that was looking for mask and goggles. Cool stuff and in awesome shape.

121 - 136 of 136 Posts