Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to cook some beans, on the weekend its easy as i can monitor it and have enough time to cook them. i would like to cook some during the week though. by the time i go to work, and home its about 9 to 10 hrs.

what can i do for cookin beans while at work. Can i just put my crock pot on low for the duration or will that be too long or should i get a timer where i can set a time for it to turn on. im wanting to make some chili....

ty
dean

·
Bovine Scatologist
17,834 Posts
soak in salt water during the day when you are at work and then first thing when you get back throw them in a pot and cook.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
dont soak beans overnite if you want gas!!!!

·
Trolling the Trolls
14,993 Posts
soaking the beans of not, they will still give you gas. This is because your body lacks the enzymes needed to digest the beans fully.

Don't wanna toot, then try Beano.

·
WTF?
12,518 Posts
A friend at work gave me a quick recipe for pinto beans that I haven't tried yet, 1 pound of beans, one small bottle of A-1, and one package of Lipton onion soup, salt and pepper to taste. Cook all day in the crock pot. You have to be damn sure you don't run out of water when leaving them in the crock pot all day!

My way is to put in minced garlic, diced onions, bacon, tomato sauce, Cumin, and a little chili powder. The Cumin gives it a little bit of a Taco flavor. Ro-Tel green chiles and tomatoes are popular here as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts