Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy sent some pics from a restaurant where they were having a tenderloin sandwich and it looked awesome.
Deep brown on the edges and slightly pink in the middle.

Recommendations???

·
The Bullet Killer
36,720 Posts
A buddy sent some pics from a restaurant where they were having a tenderloin sandwich and it looked awesome.

Recommendations???

Get a pan hot, Throw it on there for 4-6 minutes, flip it and finish in the oven (off the top of my head 400 degrees for 7-9 minutes)

Very very easy.

OR

Put a baking sheet on the lowest level in your oven and turn on the broiler. Turn it a couple times and give it the finger/palm check BOUT 10-14 minutes in

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
I marinate my pork tenderloin in fruit juices overnight, then cut it up along with green and red peppers, onions, and pineapple and then make kabobs, smoke them with hickory wood for about thirty minutes and then brush on your favorite BBQ sauce at the end. I usually serve them with baked beans and wild rice as sides.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I usually grill them. Lots of seasoning; salt, pepper, paprika, garlic salt, whatever you like. Sear 'em good on the outside & cook about 20-25 more minutes to the side of the fire. You can stuff them too w/ anything you like. I like goat cheese & jalapenos, wrap w/bacon. Hard to screw one up.

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
When I hear Pork Tenderloin, My Tummy says smothered in Sauerkraut and mashed potatoes.

·
Registered
15,628 Posts

Recommendations???
Damn straight I've got a couple or three, or four. How many do you want?

#1 Grill it!

Season with Montreal Steak and powered garlic. Let sit in the fridge overnight if possible. Grill it, let it rest 10 minutes before slicing. Make sandwiches using Sourdough bread, Blue Cheese Dressing and Avacado. Hell, you can even throw some bacon on top if you like.

#2 Smoke the sucker

Allow to air dry in frig, rub olive oil on tenderloin, season with Montreal Steak and powered garlic. let rest for an hour. In a large skillet brown the outside of the pork and put into fridge for an hour. Smoke @ 200 degrees using hickory until internal temp hits 125. (It will pick up another 5-10 degrees while resting) Slice 1/4th inch slices after resting 10 minutes.

#2 Quick bake the sucker

Preheat your oven to 450. While it's preheating pan brown pre-seasoned tenderloin. Let it rest until oven gets hot. Throw it in the oven with a meat probe. When the temp hits 125 take it out and let it rest for 10 minutes. I will probably pick up 10-15 degrees. If you like it rarer, take it out @ 120 or even less.

#2 Slow bake the sucker

Do it exactly as if you were to smoke it only use an oven. My oven has a low temp of 170 so what I do is get it to 170, put the seasoned/browned meat in, and turn the oven off. Use your meat probe to check the internal temp but in a hour to an hour and a half it should rise to 125-135. After you take it out it, the temp will not rise as much so you need to allow it to go a little higher while in the oven vs the high temp method.

Both taste close, but the slow temp method comes out a bit more tender and juicy.

Denny

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
We use a slow cooker sometimes for ours.

slice the tenderloin like makings thick chops, but don't cut through completely.

layer the bottom if the slow cooker with apple slices

drizzle some honey in the cuts
place sliced apples in the cuts, then kind of close it back together
sprinkle with cinnamon
drizzle honey over the entire thing.

cook for 4-6 hours

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
We use a slow cooker sometimes for ours.

slice the tenderloin like makings thick chops, but don't cut through completely.

layer the bottom if the slow cooker with apple slices

drizzle some honey in the cuts
place sliced apples in the cuts, then kind of close it back together
sprinkle with cinnamon
drizzle honey over the entire thing.

cook for 4-6 hours
Here is a link to one the way we do ours. I would have added it to my post but I was too slow and couldnt edit it.

http://mycrossfitpaleojourney.wordpress.com/2012/07/05/crockpot-honey-apple-pork-loin/

·
Registered
753 Posts
Souvlaki is easy and delicious. Awesome on the grill.

I actually make my Gyros by cutting the Tenderloin up in strips, and marinating them the same as I do for Souvlaki and then bake them in oven and finish in the broiler.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I like to slice a hole through the middle,stuff with boudain,or hotlink,smoked sausage,jalapeno. Season,wrap in foil, 40 minutes on the grill at 325.

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
Last night, I made a bacon wrapped pork tenderloin. I first rubbed the tenderloin with salt and pepper, wrapped it in turkey bacon, and seared it in a pan for about 10 minutes, alternating sides to get an even golden appearance. I covered it with a mix of minced onion, rosemary, balsamic vinegar, red wine, and a dab of honey. It then went in the oven for 20 minutes @ 375*F. I added golden raisins on top and let it cook another 20 min. Very tender, juicy, and delicious. This was made with mashed taters 'n brown gravy and mixed veggies. I cut up some cantelope and honeydew for the appetizer.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I have a super easy one that always turns out great.

Take two tenderloins, and put in a zip lock bag. Mix up a 1/2 cup soy sauce, 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, a few cloves of minced garlic and a couple dashes of some hot sauce.

Marinated for a couple hours and throw on a fairly hot grill, turn every 4-5 minutes until you hit 150. Let rest ten min and slice and enjoy. They are friggin awesome.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts